<3 Astro Headsets (not)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reaper, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Well, I bought a pair of Astro headphones back in December. I haven't used them too much. For those curious, it's the A40s. They're actually great. One tiny problem though, you can't hear shit out of them anymore. It just crackles and makes funny sounds if you play something via them.

I haven't really done anything to them. If you turn the knob on the MixAmp (watch someone make a joke about this one) it makes loud screeches too. If you just wait 2 minutes it'll start sounding stupid. For 2 minutes it works fine though. If you power cycle it, it works fine for another 2 minutes. The mic is exceptionally loud and fuzzy though.

<3 Astro!

On a more positive note, their support seems good so far. We are partnered with them as affiliates to offer 5-10% off on products, we just never managed to add the coupon anywhere. I think we partnered with a few other guys like custom build PC people as well for a percentage off. Just never managed to get it all up here.

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Please, post this coupon! I'm needing a decent set of Astros, mostly for PC. I play when the wife goes to bed so not much good with normal headphones.

Also, I loved my A40s. They only broke because my son decided they would make a comfortable chair on a hard surface. Kid logic.

3. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'll find it sometime this week. I forgot the account I signed up with too, so I need to login and find the link. Great. I think you can find a couple around though, they offered a number of people them. That'd still get you the discount. Try find the 5%+ ones, most only offer 3% off.

The A40s are nice, really nice, when they worked though. Great to play movies on too, good sound. Just when they're broken it sucks. There better be a replacement handy.

4. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Yeah, I never bothered replacing mine. I had a set of old Turtle Beaches, also half broken, that I've been using. I'll look around, and see what I come up with.