Advanced Warfare, Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty' started by Reaper, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What do you think of the game? I haven't really enjoyed any of the CoDs since like MW2 at the time. COD4 is just hacked lobbies now, but I've heard that was legendary for its time. I really like AW and how they've made the game though, overall, I expected it from Sledgehammer. I know a lot of people dislike it, and tbh I think that's because SG took huge changes and additions into hand and took out the alien crap for example. As I'm really enjoying it now, I think it needs work. It can get boring very easily. Gameplay is quite repetitive, and while the exo stuff can be great for tactical gameplay, atm it's just used for flying around. Needs fuel on that too IMO. Gameplay should mainly be ground, with the occasional tactical flying.

Improvements are needed though. Gun balance is shit. It's assault rifle dominant, specifically the Bal and the AK-12. Those guns dominate the game. Sniper rifles are put into their place, FINALLY. I hate snipers who think they're cool because quickscope noscope whatever. I've always hated the idea of sniper rifles. A CQ game like CoD doesn't need them, at all. So I'm glad they're useless in this game. Sure you'll get a noob with them, but it's literally impossible to play with sniper rifles, or even camp in this game because of the flying stuff. I hope SG keeps it like this for a month at least. I love hearing kids screaming on their mics because they didn't even get a kill in their nice camping spot.

Above that though, people just camp the rooftops now. I like the game. But it needs changes. But not fast, SG can take all the time they want. I just want gun balance ASAP, minus sniper rifles.

2. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    I say every year I'm not going to buy the next one but always do. Normally enjoy the campaigns more than MP, actually bought premium for the latest one though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I didn't buy it on principle. I can't support shitty games, and the last few (ghosts, looking at you) fit the bill. The last DECENT game was black ops 2 but it wasnt perfect. CoD4 was the first one I played and was the best one. I never played the hacked lobbies in that one, that was after I moved on. Mw2 was OK but just terribly broken from release. Unless there's a reboot I doubt I'll ever buy CoD again lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. IntoxNitram

IntoxNitram Lieutenant

10%
    I'm in the middle. I like the idea of the mechanics, but feel the way they were implemented is not very good - it just plays too fast for me. Advanced Warfare could be good if the movements were slower in my opinion.

5. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I've heard this a lot. The movements seem rushed and hard to control. Interesting, though I'm not surprised. Its the first futuristic use of an Exo in CoD, as far as I know.

6. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    Titanfall isn't for you I guess