An Idea

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by DudeMaverick, Apr 19, 2016.

1. DudeMaverick

DudeMaverick Lieutenant Active Member

40%
    My names DudeMaverick (obviously not my real name but how cool would it be if it was)

i have had an idea for years which i have never ever put into place because really i never thought it was worth it, i am currently in the middle of starting my own YouTube channel for the second time and i have always liked the idea of emulation the Achievment Hunter guys who are like my gaming idols, having a group of guys playing games and more for fun is something i have alwatys wanted to do, so I'm reaching out to the gaming community to see what you guys think, is my idea worth it?? and if anyone could offer any advice then that would also be amazing

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Just a group of guys having fun with an Achievement Hunter feel to it would probably be cool. You'd still need commentary and unique content, not to mention a unique few personalities that could appeal to many people.

3. DudeMaverick

40%
    Ye i know, i suppose that's the next step of it all really, finding those unique people who want to get involed

4. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

My biggest piece of advice:
    Don't back yourself into a corner. Instead of focusing on just a handful of games, do everything. Take suggestions from your community and followers, and make something special. I've watched too many streamers (and YouTubers) get their start off the success of one game. They then focus on it, and get burnt out some time down the road, feeling like they have to produce content or their community will be disappointed. Keep your options open, especially once you start growing, and it'll come to you (and your group.)

Just my two cents, it's something that I've seen before and hate to see new startups experience.

Disclaimer: I've never been a streamer or content producer so judge accordingly. However, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DudeMaverick

40%
    ye i know, I'm pre recording a lot of stuff at the moment, very varied game types and even none gaming types so I'm sort of ahead of it all, gives me time to edit it and post it and not panic and stress hahaha

• Like Like x 1