Anyone grab the new Elite controller?

Discussion in 'Platforms and Consoles' started by Darth_Marques, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Started shipping out recently, and a few people have already received their new controller. I haven't seen a review yet, but the paddles on the underside of the controller seem finicky.

The controller is made by Scuf, who also makes PS4 controllers. The new Elite controller runs $150 each, so it's not cheap. BUT, it comes with 3 sets of analog sticks, two dpad versions, and customizable paddles on the bottom. The controller comes with an Xbox One app that allows you to set the configuration to be whatever you want it to be. Supports remapping the paddles to two different setups, adjusts controller vibrations, and some other stuff as well.

Thought about buying one, and may buy one this December at some point. Also, I read an initial review that said the Elite was waaaaay heavy compared to the stock Xbox controller.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

An official console controller made by Scuf? o_O I didn't see this day coming.

3. Darth_Marques

Yeah, its actually kind of surprising. However, its a beautiful controller and feels sturdy. I played with a display model at Walmart today, its extremely comfortable in the hand. Weighs a bit more, the paddles are touchy, but that's the worst stuff I could find in a few minutes. I'll be buying one for myself for Christmas...

4. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    I have an elite controller.....

.....and it's so stupid. I took off all the extra buttons in the back because they served no purpose and where annoying the heck out of me. The Circle Pad that replaces the D-Pad I took out, because I want to click up not diagonally. Just makes things harder. Then all there's left is a shorter Stick for the L and R stick. I don't need that, I don't want that.

Don't bother with it unless you would actually need the buttons in the back for something. I don't even know if you can reprogram them though. The only reason I have it is because it was bought as a second remote for me and my brother to play together.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Darth_Marques

You can reprogram it if you download the Xbox Accessories app. I want the controller for all the FPS games I play. The triggers are nice to have, for reloading without having to move a thumb from the joystick to reload button.

I was curious if the DPAD would serve a problem. Look like it does, which is unfortunate. I use the DPAD a lot and would have to get very precise with my presses, which sucks. So I'd have to completely relearn the controller from the sounds of it.