Black ops 3 on Xbox1 vs. PS4

Discussion in 'Call of Duty' started by Digga Stigga, Jul 28, 2015.

Are you upset that Black ops 3 dlc and Beta will be on PSN first?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2015.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

60.0%
  3. Don't care

20.0%
  4. What's DLC?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm mad as dirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm happy as can be

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. There is a Black ops 3?

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Digga Stigga

Digga Stigga Lieutenant Active Member

10%
    Hey everyone! I've been hearing a lot about xbox 1 users are upset that ps4 is now getting COD DLC first is that true? I really want to know how xbox users feel or do you not really care?
    I personally don't mind but that's because im on playstation :p

----------
    My youtube -------> https://www.youtube.com/user/DiggaStiggaTheGamer
    My content: Destiny,COD,WATCH DOGS,Gta(soon).Madden(soon) funny commentaries and informing.
    83-8 NUKETOWN 2025 Gameplay! Knife only swarm,Double knife only swarm,DNA BOMB SWARM MONTAGE,Black ops 3 epic gameplays(soon)

Attached Files:

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I'm a strict, Xbox One player here. Black Ops 2 was the last CoD I played, and I miss it. I can't be mad about it, or care really, as I haven't played CoD in 2+ years. However, I may still go back at some point. It'll be months after it releases anyhow.

What bugs me is that Destiny released "exclusive" content on PS4 and a year later on the X1. Still waiting for that content, as it releases with The Taken King DLC. I'm peeved about it really, but I love the game so I'll keep playing.

3. Digga Stigga

10%
    I had no idea Bungie did that! Woah that's crazy well ive noticed a lot of companies giving playstation a break and giving them deals. It's probably because they've sold more consoles and had better deals. Why are you strictly xbox1?

4. Darth_Marques

I doubt its console sales. It was something to get PlayStation owners into a Bungie game. Previously, Halo was an Xbox (original and 360) exclusive title all the way up to Halo 4.

Also, Destiny launched a year after the new consoles released. It's most likely something the game producer, Activision, has in the (10 year!) contract for the game franchise. Which IMO is terrible, because DLC pricing is pretty high for The Taken King.

Going off-topic here but... Along with various other problems. For example, vault space is limited by last-gen consoles. More to do with the memory limitations, which is Bungies fault for the way they implemented their 3D vault system. (I can make a more detailed post if anyone is interested.)

I'm strictly Xbox because I've owned every version, besides special editions of course, from the beginning. Yes, I had a PlayStation all the way up to 3, but I never played it. Had a couple of buddies that played, but I had 20+ friends on Xbox Live. Plus, Halo titles were exclusive and I was in love it.

5. Digga Stigga

10%
    oh ok makes sense. I do think console sales could have a play in it. Why give a dlc deal to console that doesn't have nearly as many players as the other.

6. Darth_Marques

Actually, I just looked up number of users for PSN and XBL. Your theory could check out, coupled with Activision doing its money-grabbing thing.

7. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Playstation has really played their game better and put their pawns where they should be. I'm unaware of market share percentages, but with the PS4, Sony definitely increased their market share significantly. That said, they've also invested a lot in exclusivity deals. I don't really care though. I've been a Playstation gamer the entire time, but I won't be buying BO3 (I was the guy that said oh, is there a BO3 in the poll). I knew the game was coming, so I did know it existed and it's coming close to release, I've seen the previews too, and I don't really care about the game, I might as well not even know it exists. I don't need another let down by the guys making this one (Treyarch?). Didn't all previous COD early access deals go to Xbox anyway?

Regarding Destiny DLC, if it took 1 year for DLC to go from Playstation to Xbox, that's a joke. It might as well be an exclusivity deal rather than an early DLC deal. That's a joke of a time frame, even coming from a Playstation gamer. Not sure what's up there.

That said, this is business. Exclusivity and early access deals go both ways. Xbox has them, Playstation has them, Nintendo will never get them (unless the game is Nintendo only lol, they never invest in exclusivity deals, but their consoles aren't really made to compete with the Xbox and Playstation).

8. Digga Stigga

10%
    hmmm I agree. I'm a playstation player. I use to be really into Nintendo with my gamecube,wii,ds,dsi then I git a ps3 from there I stopped playing Nintendo as much. nice to meet you btw @Reaper

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Similar story. I had a few Nintendo consoles. I never really touched them after going to Playstation. I'll add you on PSN (I saw your introduction thread). Good to see you :)

10. Digga Stigga

10%
    ok cool