Buying new games

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darth_Marques, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

So I'm buying some older used games, and curious about what to grab.

My choices are:
    CoD Ghosts
    CoD AW
    Titanfall

Basically, I'm leaning towards Titanfall as its ridiculous cheap. I'm buying Evolve too, but between those three titles I'm having a hard time deciding.

Titanfall was made by ex-CoD people, so I may give it a whirl because a couple of friends have it. Any thoughts on these games would be appreciated.

OR:
    I could buy a couple of Steam games like CSGO.

2. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Well, I'll start by advising you to eliminate COD Ghosts from your list straight away, worst Call of Duty game in a while. After that, you don't have CS:GO already? That'd be a must-have game if you enjoy shooters. One of the best shooters I've ever played in terms of game mechanics.

I haven't heard much good about Titanfall. A few friends took their copies to cex and sold them. COD AW is fun for the first few hours of gameplay then it gets boring, at least for me, and a lot of people I know share the same view. A few friends like it but don't actively play it, and some people I know (I wouldn't class them exactly as friends) play it for hours a day (not sure how).

CS:GO and a few other Steam games would be the way to go in my opinion, or perhaps Titanfall. As far as the CODs go, I'm not buying another until one or two months after release, and it looks good and bug free. Critical reviews should help, but since I own both of those titles I can say that they're hardly worth £10. Ghosts was 2 hours of gameplay from the first day I bought it to present. On COD AW I think I have about 6 hours, 30 minutes to 1 hour was my cousin who didn't know how to use a PS4 controller, so he was walking into walls and getting shot by people flying around. He got it in the end though.

3. Darth_Marques

That's what I figured. I may just buy stuff on Steam then.

4. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    Buy CSGO first.
    I actually love Titanfall, the biggest problem though is if you stop playing for a while you can't get back into it.

Or buy a 3DS (trust me :p)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Darth_Marques

Consider it done, I'll be snatching up CSGO ASAP tonight. Next though, I'll grab a 3DS. Sometimes I get bored watching TV while my wife watches CSI or some crap.

6. Sam

Sam Lieutenant

70%
    All of the games you listed I wouldn't even recommend. As CoD fanatic a few years back I generally think the latest versions are trash.
    I'm going through a phase of enjoying survival games right now, such as H1Z1 and ARK.

7. Darth_Marques

Is that on Steam? H1Z1 I mean. I've watched some streams, and it looked different but fun.

Only reason I was considering CoD was out of boredom honestly. And I'm not buying Hardline, it looks like CoD reborn.

8. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    Yay! Tell me what games you'll get on your 3DS so we can play!
    Also, if you wanna play CS:GO just ask!

9. Reaper

I got a normal DS with about 8 games. My favourite went in the wash, but it still works. Haven't touched it in a while though.

10. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    3DS≠DS

11. Reaper

I know. The DS can't even do anything but local multiplayer, just saying though :p

12. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    I know :p
    What games are you thinking about getting?

13. Darth_Marques

I'm not entirely sure yet, though it'll be at least 3 months before I purchase one. Waiting on the "old" 3DS prices to drop some.

14. Darth_Marques

Just purchased Sim City 4 and CS:GO on Steam. Great deals on both, glad I waited a few weeks. Installing now, hope to be playing a little later tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Reaper

Never played any Sim City but I know people love it. CS:GO is a game you just can't regret though. It might take some getting into, and you might die a lot initially.

16. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    That's exactly what happened.
    The problem with CS:GO is the community, and that alone really.

I was just starting out so I played competitive so i could get better, but everyone kicked because all they wanted to do is win. I was kicked so many times, I don't kick people often anymore unless I really feel like they're trolling or something.

17. Darth_Marques

It's great, though I haven't played it much. I don't know how bad I am just yet, but I play better lone wolf for some reason.

See, this is my major issue with huge communities like that. Destiny is getting that way. That way being winning and progressing is the only goal. Not teaching new players stuff, or just plain old having fun. It's all about the "W" baby. Oh well, I'll still play here and there. And if anyone invites me, you've been warned; I'm probably terrible.

18. Know Your Role

Know Your Role Lieutenant

70%
    If you enjoy Sim City have you tried any of the RollerCoaster Tycoon games? I loved those, I still have the first one installed.

19. Darth_Marques

Those are great, though I don't own one anymore.