Custom controllers & Thumbsticks

Discussion in 'Platforms and Consoles' started by Know Your Role, May 28, 2015.

1. Know Your Role

Know Your Role Lieutenant

70%
    How many of you out there use any of the above?

I currently use FPS freek's, the vortex version

At first they feel a bit odd and look a bit clumsy once fitted onto the controller, but after a while you really do notice what they are capable of when it comes to comfort and accuracy, it does give you a slight advantage over players who don't use these thumbsticks in my opinion, unless you are a god at FPS games who does not need such things.

Sometimes they came flying off the controller though, probably because I get quite pissed off playing battlefield hardline.

For those who have not tried FPS freek's, I highly recommend to try these out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I have the same as you on one of my Playstation 4 controllers. Main reason I got them is because I had one of the earlier DualShock 4 controllers which had problems with the thumbsticks wearing out, so I had to get something to cover it, so I was like why not. I don't use it as much now though, after some back and forth Sony provided a new controller, free of charge.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I don't play enough to justify buying these, but I know some people who have. They love em. I don't see much advantage to them though, as when I play against them we usually break even.

4. Reaper

Last time I used them they were more comfortable, even if I didn't buy them for anything to do with gaming. I play much less now, busy, unless it's part of the task (in which case I love over working). I use the normal controller now too, got them because the sticks had their material worn off.

5. Darth_Marques

Actually a good point. The Xbox controllers have little nubs in the indents that tend to wear off pretty quickly. I wore out several sticks to where I couldn't use them because I had no...grip really. Cheaper than a new controller entirely.

6. Know Your Role

Know Your Role Lieutenant

70%
    So wait, you have been using them for comfort?

I could swear my aim has improved using these, unless I have just been fooled, probably...

7. Reaper

I've got them on one controller because the grip thing came off and you could see the actual stick itself, the first few controllers they released in the first month sucked. There are YouTube videos on them breaking with use. I had one just to not have to buy another controller, they turned out to be good, but I don't use that controller when I'm playing really. It just sits aside. I bought a new controller later on.

8. Darth_Marques

Xbox One has the same issue, as far as crap controllers. The bumpers tend to go out within the first few months of use. They are releasing new controllers pretty soon, can't remember the date though. And yes, the lack of a fully functioning bumper can be life or death in Destiny. Or any game really, but still.

9. psychgamer6444

psychgamer6444 Lieutenant

20%
    Alright , am going to give it a shot then :)

10. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    I started using my elite controller only cause I felt bad about all those pointless extra things and felt I was to harsh on it.

Now my L stick is a centimeter longer.

11. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    Only using the standard controller that comes with the Xbox One, tempted to buy the Elite Controller though.