Destiny The Taken King

Discussion in 'Destiny' started by Darth_Marques, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Bungie has been hyping TTK for a while now, but recently they exposed some more details about the upcoming expansion.

First off, the level cap will be raised to level 40. A pretty decent jump. Drops will reflect your level a little more, so the closer you get to 40, the higher level the drops will be. It's still completely RNG but hey, no more blue or greens dropping for you.

Second, light levels have been abandoned. You gained XP to rank up to level 40. This was in response to players needing to find certain gear, then ascend that said gear if it was too low level.

Third, each player gets a one time character boost for a single character. This will boost your character to level 40 immediately, opening up the new content to you immediately. This is for old and new players, so no one gets left behind. The boost takes the form of a consumable, though no other details are known at the moment.

For the two strike-outs above, see my post below. I got a few things wrong, but these were speculation based on previous leaks and information on Reddit/r/destinythegame so I wasn't 100% on them. Should have included that this post was not 100% for sure, and almost 30% speculation.

Fourth, Peter Dinklage is no longer the voice of your ghost. Taking over is Noland North.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  2. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    I hadnt planned on getting this but have pre-ordered it now, sounds good.

3. Darth_Marques

I won't be pre-ordering but will be playing at launch. I haven't missed launch of a DLC yet lol.

4. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    Been catching up with the previous DLC last few days, managed to complete the new story missions but still need to do the strikes.

5. Darth_Marques

Good luck! If you need any help, I don't mind helping. All I need to do is beat PoE 35, as my buddy groups tend to get tired after 3-4 attempts. Other than that, if I'm on Destiny, send me a message and I'll help if I have time.

6. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This might be what I need to get back into Destiny.

7. Darth_Marques

Yeah, its actually a great thing for them to do. I mean, we're paying A LOT of money for ONE DLC, regardless of content. For me, its well worth the $40 that I get an instant boost to max level.

Admittedly, I have 2 34s already, and my warlock is 33. So I don't have that much work ahead of me regardless. But being able to instantly run TTK content on my Hunter is amazing. Though I may save it for my warlock, as that's the character I play the least. My group of friends has 3 locks already, so I usually run Hunter because it makes me incredibly useful in PvE games. Plus, I'm better at PvP with my Hunter.

I can't help but feel like this is something of an apology for the first year mistakes. Honestly, the mistakes were going to be made and hopefully 90% of them are now out of the way. Time will tell.

8. Darth_Marques

In case you missed it. I found this 3:17 video on Reddit. This is a super summary of yesterday's Reveal Stream. Lots of info to take in, but after 2 playthroughs, I've managed to take it in.

Things I got wrong:

Spark of Light: will not level your character to 40 as I thought. It will level you to 25 if you have a character not at 25+. This is the entry level for TTK content, so it allows a brand new character to jump straight into the action at boot up. (I'll be using this on my alt account that I've been playing on.)

Light levels are still possible, though they don't affect your level. Light level is determined by taking the average ATK/DEF values and coming up with the average. Ghost shells, class items, and such all effect this number.

Ghost shells and class items now provide unique bonuses.

Every obtainable emblem is kept in a kiosk at the Tower. If you've own/have owned the item, its in there. If you don't, there are details on how to acquire it. This is for ships, shaders, class items, emblems, and ships.

Why use an alt account?
    Well, I got bored for one. Xbox One can share Live access, so I made a new one solely for Destiny. It's fun to be low leveled, with low grimoire and white weapons, and just wreck people in PVP. 10/10 would recommend.