Did you know?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darth_Marques, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

So I found out that vodka is a good antidote for antifreeze consumption. Some of you may know, dogs particularly like the taste of antifreeze. The downside, the stuff is toxic to them and kills them. Vodka counteracts the poison. Particularly useful in the case of small children and pets accidentally consuming antifreeze, if you happen to have vodka on hand then your good. (I don't condone underage drinking but I'd rather a drunk kid than a dead kid. That's just me though.)

Another one: the jacks that come with vehicles now are incredibly unsafe. They are called "suicide jacks" because they are incredibly unstable. Don't use them unless you have no other choice, and even then be especially careful. I recommend buying a 1-2 ton bottle jack. Same size, much more stable. (A lot of times, suicide jacks don't even lift the vehicle far enough to change a tire. The one on my vehicle needs 3 2x4 boards under it, and then it makes out at just the right height.)

Any stuff you guys know of that people don't know of?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'm gonna have to think on this one, I gotta know something interesting that people don't know.

3. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Apparently if you put milk in the freezer you extend the expiry date by a very long time, some people say indefinitely - though the taste will be pretty weird. Never tried it.

4. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

You can freeze things like cupcakes too. My mom used to do cakes and stuff and in the event of a huge order, she would freeze batches so it could be stretched out over a few days. The cake part has to be kept cold after that, or it'll sweat down and become mushy.