Fast and Furious 7

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reaper, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Fast and Furious 7 is the current top in cinemas here in the UK, and I read somewhere it's forth in profit over recent years, following closely behind the Harry Potters. I went to see it yesterday and it's quite a good film. The ending is relatively sad but I guess it's a nice way to send off Paul Walker's character. Some parts were so action packed I honestly had no clue what was happening and who was who, I lost track of the film some parts. Overall though, it's a really good film. I thought they'd stop at 7 after Walker's death but it seems like they want to go until 9. Has anyone else seen it? What do you think?

2. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    Never seen any of these films, never really appealed to me.

3. Reaper

I watched The Fast and the Furious (2001) which I liked years and years ago. I saw Tokyo Drift after that when it came out and didn't really think it was great, so I didn't watch any of the other ones until a few months ago when I saw Fast and Furious 7 was coming. Fast Five was pretty damn good. Fast and Furious 6 is really good as well. Fast and Furious 7 is good but some parts have 'too much action' to the point where you don't even know what's going on. More towards the end and when they try and get the girl from the convoy (I won't spoil anything).

Personally, I really like most of them. I haven't seen the second one but I guess I'll see it sometime.

4. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I thoroughly enjoyed the majority of the films. Tokyo Drift wasn't good, but my wife loved it. I particularly liked the evolution as the movies came out. From rice box cars to serious cars now. Plus tanks lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Reaper

Have you seen 7? What did you think? I know the end was big with most people.

6. Darth_Marques

I actually haven't seen it. Havent had the time. But I know several people who loved it, for what that's worth.

7. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    May get them as a box set on blu-ray and watch them all.

8. Darth_Marques

Once the entire collection comes out, I'll be doing this. I have Star Wars weekend every year, and then I'll have Fast and Furious weekend. Until then, I'll settle for torrents lol.

9. Reaper

I just watched them on superchillin/noobroom, lucky I still have an account there. My go-to to watch anything really. I went backwards, but starting at #1 is probably the best to get into the story. I just went backwards since I was assuming the older titles would be boring, but they aren't.

10. Reaper

Believe it or not, I haven't seen a single Star Wars film in my life. I don't even know the characters, I know a few names but I'm not even sure they're from Star Wars so I'm going to save myself looking stupid and not say the names.

11. Darth_Marques

At lot of folks haven't, nothing wrong with it. But should you ever watch them, skip the prequels. Episodes 1-3 were garbage, compared to the original trilogy. And the new one release Christmas day this year. I'm waiting to pass judgment.

12. Reaper

Most people I know have seen them. Care to sum up what they're about?

13. Darth_Marques

Just your standard good vs evil. An evil guy gets into political power for the "good" guys while his alter-ego commands the "bad" guys. Leads to a war, death of the Jedi, rise of the Empire, return of the Jedi, and finally defeat of the Empire. There's a lot more to it, involving the hero kissing his sister unknowingly, a hairy humanoid bear, and a smuggler that shot first but George Lucas insists he shot second. Ah good stuff.

14. Reaper

Sounds like it's a family film, works for everyone in one way or another. I'll put it on my list for later, not sure when I'll get around to it though, better yet, I wonder how long it'll take to complete them all.

15. project

project Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I have not seen it yet, and I will most likely wait till it is available online. Not that I do not like the films, but it is not my favorite genre.

16. Reaper

It's on Superchillin's to-add-soon list. I wouldn't say it's that good. The fifth one was alright, sixth too, the rest I can't say were too special but they're good when you first see them, except Tokyo Drift, which was shit.

17. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    I have never seen a Furious movie before, but this looks pretty stupid.

18. Reaper

Yeah, I wouldn't make 7 the first one you watch. First one I watched was Tokyo Drift (I started at the worst one), second one I watched was the sixth one, which is probably the best one in the series. I wouldn't start at Fast and Furious 7 if you're looking to watch them. Tokyo Drift is awful, and has no relevance to the storyline until the 7th one. I'd leave it till later honestly, or you might lose interest. 5 is great, 6 is great, the rest are good, or watchable at the very least.

19. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    Yikes.Seems like these movies are a bit too cliche-y

20. Reaper

Eh, some of them are, but either way they're filled with action and it's definitely worth a watch, at least once. Talking about watch, I really want to watch a movie tonight. Not sure what to watch. I started Crank yesterday but haven't finished it, so maybe that.