Favourite Battlefield Weapon?

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by Reaper, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What's your favourite weapon in any of the Battlefield games?

Personally, mine was probably the M16A3 or the AEK, probably more of the AEK since it dropped people fast. Recoil was never a problem for me with that gun, but a lot of people used the M16A3 due to the low recoil. I noticed a lot of the time my first few shots used to be inaccurate and off target, so the AEK used to make up for that. I got better at that and my shots are pretty much on target now, at least on PC. I need to work on my aim in console games still. Both of these guns were from Battlefield 3. I don't think any guns in Battlefield 4 were perfect. M416 was great for longer distances. I really loved the SCAR-H too, still a beast in Hardline. Talking about Hardline, gun balance is absolute whack so there are easy winners there.

2. Sam

Sam Lieutenant

70%
    I like the bolt action sniper rifles, forgot the name of it though.

3. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I always tended to max sniper rifles when I played. Usually the starting class weapon was my favorite, though I used all of them when I unlocked them. Always went back to a bolt-action though. Not necessarily the starting weapon, as some were semi-auto but still. I love the feel of a bolt action, something just extremely satisfying about it.

4. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    I can't stand sniper rifles, can never stay still long enough. I'm more a rung & gun type of player, stick with SMG's or other automatic weapons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sam

Sam Lieutenant

70%
    Run and gun is more of a Call of Duty game.

6. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I can't agree with that. I hate Call of Duty games, and personally I'd argue they're bolt action games (for people without any skill). There it's all about quickscope, noscope, whatever the newest 'trickshots' are in that game now. I stopped playing. Battlefield games favour any type of player. Personally, I like to be in the middle of the action. I wouldn't say I'm a run and gun player, but I tend to push objectives and always stay on the move offensively, and defensively if it comes to that (which it does half of the time). I can never be a sniper player. I've tried it in Hardline and I can snipe fairly well in that game, and GTA as well if you call that a shooter (I don't), but any other game I'm not really good at sniping. Oh, and I hate getting killed by sniper rifles who are right next to you, you have the first shot and they still kill you, just a clutch reflex move. Fair play to them but I can't seem to do that, and as a sniper player I'd prefer not to be too close, so I stick with automatic guns, I get bored easily if I'm sitting prone somewhere waiting for people to come past and sniping them in the head. Not my sort of gameplay style. Assault rifles, SMGs, even marksman rifles, I just can't use bolt actions.

7. Darth_Marques

Honestly, it's an art-form. Especially in Battlefield lol. And I had a lot of luck with sniping, especially over long distances. Sniped several helicopter pilots in my day. (Retired because I refuse to re-buy the game for the Xbox 1.) Additionally, I just don't like low skill level weapons... Shotguns? Pfft. Please, anyone can do that. You take the most bastard weapon, master it, or not, and still beat me? I'll give you respect for that. Long story short, I respect any weapon that requires some skill to use. But Battlefield's sniper rifles seem to require the most, IMO.

When I stopped playing CoD, I was running around the maps with sniper rifles. Not really "quick/no scoping" so much as reaction shooting. It was fun until it wasn't anymore. People started running shotguns ALL THE TIME and I personally hate that. Granted, people don't take kindly to getting domed within 5 ft of each other by a sniper rifle but whatevs. I'm actually done with CoD for the foreseeable future.

That brings me to why I play objective modes in any game I play. Destiny, Battlefield, etc. Push objectives with teammates, dominate, and be happy. Though I usually get the teammates that just want kills, and because the objective modes last longer, they troll those matches and ignore the objective completely. It's very hard to find anyone not wanting to just run kills on these game modes, so I steer clear of PvP unless I absolutely need it. Mostly referring to Destiny, but I've been known to jump in on the occasional match every once in a while.

8. GTAAddict

GTAAddict Lieutenant

20%
    I'm more of a shoot, kill, move, repeat. I like pushing the enemy team back and taking objectives. So I usually play objective modes like darth. In more free games like GTA I like just messing around, because there's not really any purpose. My favourite battlefield weapon had to be the AEK from BF4. The AEK needed skill, but it was perfect for all ranges if you mastered it. I can remember dominating maps like op. metro with it, always used to move around. brings back great memories, I think I'm going to play it again today after a while. Loved BF3. BF4 was shit, hardline is OK but wtf has the battlefield series come to? anything before bf3 was legendary, and now it sucks balls

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Darth_Marques

Call of Duty made more money, so DICE changed their strategy. IMO it wasn't a good move, but its different. To each his own. Sad to see so many once great games devolve into Run'n'gun CoD style games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GTAAddict

GTAAddict Lieutenant

20%
    Agree darth, just copying what makes money, nobody really cares about a good game anymore