Future of gaming (VOID, Film Theory)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nova, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    So while 50% of the evidence shown won't be gaming, it's good enough to be used because it's films, and games are slowly becoming much more cinematic then ever before (Telltale, Last of Us)

So the popular YouTube channel "Game Theory" has a new channel called Film Theory. Same thing but Matt wants more money :p (nah it's cool.) But I think many points came up in the video that can be applied to gaming. I suggest you take a look.

Now a much cooler thing that takes those principles, and makes them more interactive:

Not only are these things cool, they're revolutionary. The Hololens also show moe stuff like this. Look at all of it here: https://www.gamingforums.net/thread...some-espically-for-gaming-now.4772/#post-6479

Discussion start :cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    in b4 amazement starts

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

That's some good stuff. I was excited before but now...now I'm just way more excited. Over 9000 excited.

4. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    Forget 9000, lets go millions. I'm going to THE VOID someday, I swear

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That is only a concept right? No way they can make that at this point of time.

6. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    It's already in development. Everything shown is becoming reality (reality is a term that will become confused soon.)

And honestly, I'm not surprised. Anything is possible at this point really.

I suggest you see the video Humans need not Apply on YouTube.

7. Reaper

Thing is, that's simply not going to be practical. It's like a simulator, but how do you see everything that's happening? Through a helmet and the glass right? That'd work but how do you move around? Using your mind won't work because it can't read your mind, and moving around normally you'd just walk into a wall. I might just be misunderstanding the whole device though. Either way, if it works it's not going to be cheap.

Edit: I think I just went full dumb mode, I think you use a controller as normal...

8. Darth_Marques

Controller and probably a Kinect sensor with accelerometer and all that. One of those shows him ducking, dodging, moving left/right, and jumping. It'll be a lot of hardware watching you.

9. Reaper

10. Darth_Marques

Oculus has a lot more hype IMO. I've been seeing their stuff for at least the last year, if not longer.

11. Reaper

Yeah, but they're very similar in terms of features? Seems like Void has all of the body armour and stuff lol. Seems like a huge scam just for more money to me, you only need the helmet. The Oculus is meant to come packaged in with the new Xbox as well. At least Microsoft made one right decision with Xbox since release of the One, if this is true anyway.

12. Darth_Marques

o_O

13. Reaper

14. Darth_Marques

15. Reaper

They could just be completely wrong and talking crap.

16. Darth_Marques

Taken with a fist-size chunk of salt. Things just got very salty.