Good Afternoon!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Boomer, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Boomer

Boomer Lieutenant Active Member

10%
    Hello Everyone!!! I hope you're all having a great Sunday!

I'm from the Houston Texas area and I'm looking for a place to hang my hat! I love gaming and I am looking for a gaming community I can talk to about all the nerdy gaming stuff in my life. Lord knows my wife has had her fill of it. (She is not a gamer unless you count Candy Crush.)

You can usually find me at the house messing around with my dogs. I have two. A big Doberman named Lincoln and a little mutt named Bentley. Most of my out doors activity involves the pups. Walking them. Training them. Exercising them and so on.

My gaming addiction started at a very young age. My first game was Dig Dug on Atari. The claws didn't really sink in until I saw Mario bounce across the screen. From that point, I was hooked. I've been a WoW player for about 8 years. I really enjoy a good RPG as well. It can be turn based like Final Fantasy 3. It can be first person like Morrowind. I'll take'em however I can get'em. Aside from that, open sand box games, FPS when I'm in the mood and any type of hack and slash when I'm just wanting to drift into button mashing obscurity. I like sims and builders a lot too.

The games I'm playing now include The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Batman Arkham Knight and WoW. (Even though I haven't logged on in a few days.)

The games I'm stoked about dropping soon are Fallout 4, Fallout 4 and Fallout 4.

I look forward to meeting you guys and getting to know you. This looks like a fun place. :)

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Welcome to Gaming Forums! Great to have you aboard.

I put WoW away a few months ago, OK like 6 months ago, and haven't missed it. Invested ~3 years and played 3 hrs every day. Now, I don't play at all. And I don't miss it, but I play Destiny religiously now. It's cheaper, so my wife doesn't mind lol.

I live about 4 hours from Houston, and usually once a year make a trip to watch the Astros play. Haven't made it yet this year, but I hope to make it eventually.

3. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    Hi there, welcome :)

4. Boomer

Boomer Lieutenant Active Member

10%
    Oh cool! My wife just went to the Astros game this weekend. I had to work. :(

WoW just got to a point where I was spending 15 dollars a month to do the same. damn. thing. over and over and over again. 8 years of 15 a month. That's 1,440 dollars in just subscription fees. That doesn't count the numerous server transfers, race changes and faction changes. Worst financial decision of my life so far.

Hello! Nice to meet you!

5. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Yes, I lost my first account with 6 90 characters. It was stolen, hacked, whatever. bought the game again, got WoD and a free character boost. Ended up buying all my old classes 90 boosts because I didn't want to regrind. WoD launched, and I played a week of it then quit. No plans of returning now. Such a money drain.

6. Know Your Role

Know Your Role Lieutenant

70%