Hello! Trent is I, but who are you?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Trent, Jun 27, 2015.

Was this post a nightmare to read?

1. My eyes are bleeding.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Don't worry, I've always got time for you <3

100.0%
  3. I skipped the essay you wrote and went right to the poll.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I had nothing better to do anyway.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No? I guess?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Get a life.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    Hello all, I just joined this site and I just wanted to introduce myself. First of all, my reason for joining is that I'm really looking for likeminded gamers to, well, game with. It's unfortunate, but the few good friends of mine that game never seem to play what I play nor do they seem to ever have "room" for me in their lobbies and stuff like that. It's always bummed me out. I enjoy multiplayer gaming, and obviously it's more enjoyable with people you're actually acquainted with. So, naturally, I figured joining a gaming forum would be a good idea. And here I am.

Anyway, I'm 17 years old, living in the U.S., and I predominantly play on the Xbox platform, that including both the 360 and the One. My favorite games are the Batman Arkham series, the Dead Space series, the Bioshock series, Rayman Origins/Legends, and more. The current games I'm playing are Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Witcher 3, Metro Redux, Halo: MC Collection, and GTA IV.

In terms of multiplayer, Halo: MCC is really the only non-loner game I'm playing at the moment (I'm playing as a loner regardless though, naturally)
    My gamer tag is DumDiddlyDoofus.

I hope to meet some new people on here, and hopefully this wasn't too long.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Great intro post! You read my guide didn't you...

Seriously though, I game primarily on Xbox One. I own Tomb Raider, though I've not completed it (Destiny is a clingy mistress...) I also own MCC, though I rarely play. I'd be happy to add you, I'm usually lone wolfing too, and I play better that way. I do just as well with an extra person, but I tend to get more reckless when with a full party.

Feel free to add me, I'm in Louisiana (CST) time zone for references later. Gamertag is NeXusN9ne.

Edit: voting in your own poll? Treacherous!

3. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    I couldnt possibly resist the opportunity of flattering myself. I'll definitely add you. I'm actually doing all this on my XB1 lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darth_Marques

Neat lol. I have no internet currently, but by Monday I'll have it back. AT&T sucks with customer support, and having a line cut means they generally don't care. It's been 3 days, looking to be 3 more unfortunately.

5. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    They sucked when my household used them. We switched to Cox recently, thank god.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Darth_Marques

It's the only thing offered in my area. I hope to move to Texas though. Maybe Dallas.

7. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    I'm in Oklahoma. I go to Louisiana every 3 months or so for Shriner hospital visits regarding my aforementioned physical disability.

8. Darth_Marques

Shreveport? Not familiar with Shriner hospital.

9. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    Shreveport indeed! It's a children's hospital that's free if you're eligible, which I have been since I was born haha. I had surgery done last year and I go there for check ups and the sort. It's funny going to a children's hospital at 17 though, but also rather depressing being surrounded by a bunch of little kids cursed with seemingly much worse disabilities than I've ever had.

10. Darth_Marques

I went to a children's doctor when I was 18. Had the flu or something. I felt really weird being there. The worst part, the oldest kid there was under 10. I felt like a noob.

11. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    Surprisingly enough, there's usually a good amount of teenaged kids there. The worst part about going though (and this might sound awful) is being reminded that I'm not normal. That I'm disabled just like this kid with no legs propped up next to me. It's humbling, but it can also be kind of unnerving. Luckily over the years I've gotten better at accepting who I am, so it's not as much of a problem anymore.

12. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey Trent :) Welcome to Gaming Forums.

Congratulations being able to deal with that sort of issue. It says a lot about you. You seem happy about a topic you enjoy (gaming), it's good to see that. You could just make it your future. It's great to have you here with us. Hopefully you can make some new friends as well as take part in some great discussions.

13. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    Reading this made me smile like an idiot :) Thanks, your words mean a lot. As for my future, I'm considering being a Creative Director/Writer for entertainment, whether that be film, TV, or even (gasp) video games. Not exactly sure what troubles will come with this path though.

14. Know Your Role

Know Your Role Lieutenant

70%
    Welcome to the forums buddy.