Horror Fans, Insidious 3 is here...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reaper, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

A friend sent me this on Skype:

Note: If you are scared of horror films, or don't like horror content, I heavily advise you don't watch this clip. It's not the sweetest of all clips.

Insidious 3 seems to be here, and I've never seen any of the others but damn, the first time I saw that, it was a little bit surprising. Not what I expected I guess, especially after not knowing what the clip was (I didn't know it was a horror movie). My friend's brother screamed apparently lol.

I'm not a big horror movie watcher but it's one I want to see probably. Anyone going to see it?

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I may just watch it, but the first one was eh. Second one, I didn't see because the first was so mediocre.

3. Reaper

Bit of a joke how this cinema company are showing Insidious at a small cinema in a village/town but not in the UK's biggest shopping centre. I'm not seeing the logic here. Good business decision though, obviously.

4. Darth_Marques

Occasionally done in the States, when a movie is considered regional more than national. Never understood it, but I see the movies I want to anyway so I don't complain lol.

5. Reaper

First time I've ever seen a popular movie not be shown here. It's strange, even from a business point of view.

@IntoxNitram @Know Your Role I think you guys like horror films. What do you think?

6. project

project Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Is it necessary to watch the first two? I have watched a few of the new horror movies, such as The Conjuring, Annabelle, and Paranormal Activity, but I am not a huge fan of horror films. Most of them are poorly directed and have a bad plot.

7. Darth_Marques

This is like a prequel to the first two so I'm assuming you can watch it without seeing them.

I'm in fan of horror films either, I usually end up just laughing because of bad acting. I haven't seen a genuinely scary movie in a long time.

8. project

project Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Same. Some of the acting/lines are more hilarious than scary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Reaper

Exactly. I haven't seen the first two either. I might see the first tonight though. But usually their plot sucks and they have no story to them.

10. Reaper

3 AM, gonna see Insidious (the first one). Pray I make it though like 1 hour. 1. because I'll get bored probably, horror movies have no plot/story to them. 2. all the time I got. 3. I'm meant to poo my pants apparently, see how this goes...

Only time I would watch horror movies is at the cinema. I'd creep up behind people in climax points and scare them to death. (not really, maybe to friends though, if they're scared anyway)

11. Reaper

I just skimmed through it, bad story by the looks of it. Horrors kinda bore me too. It wasn't scary, creepy if anything though. I skipped into a part and a creepy face just popped up with a weird sound and she was smiling. Really strange.

12. Darth_Marques

Yeah, it looked strange. That was a super fast skim lol. 16 minutes?

13. Reaper

Yeah lol, I got the entire story down though. Old woman ghost takes kid, dad becomes ghost to find kid, grandma dies.

14. Darth_Marques

Sounds dumb. That's why I don't watch the genre as a whole. No freaking story progression.

And then there's movies like The Strangers where its just for fun and has no story line. That movie was literally made to creep you out.

15. Reaper

Comedies often have no story line. I was watching How High? yesterday and every other word was hilarious. Not really any story though. Horrors are made to creep you out though.

• Like Like x 1