How fast can you run a mile

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reaper, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

How fast can you run a mile? For all the runners and general people out there that run occasionally. I like running personally, went for a run just before posting this. Nothing too competitive, just to get some numbers.

Oh, and I noticed a new pizza place at the end of my circuit so I got this
    [​IMG]

2. Jacob

Jacob Captain

35%
    I can run fast enough to get away from a snake. I hate those things! :D

Last time I was timed on a mile I got somewhere near 7 minutes, but not over. The humidity and heat doesn't help you go any faster. ;)

EDIT:

Oh, and nice Pizza! :p

3. Jacob

Jacob Captain

35%
    I got timed the other day and made it in a cool 8 minutes 42 seconds. I walked a few seconds (and I tied my shoe in the middle of it :p) because it was fairly difficult. I did it with a friend too who was kinda in the same position as me, that was nice. Most of the others walked. (Shame on them, no effort :rolleyes:)

4. Skill

Skill Lieutenant

10%
    I can run a 5:39 Mile, tried to reach 5:00 but I havent yet

5. Jacob

Jacob Captain

35%
    That's a good time. :thumbsup: Good luck on reaching your goal, you'll get there.

6. sharon

sharon Lieutenant

20%
    I'm a poor runner. I'd be lucky if I do a mile in 15 minutes. I'm working on it though by the end of next summer I should be much better. ;)

7. Nick

Nick Lieutenant

70%
    I assume you're lying because I run for my school and I play high school basketball and I run a consistent 5:25-45 everytime. Plus, I constantly attend races.

With my best being 5:11.