Issues Sending Emails

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Reaper, May 12, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We were using the provider Mandrill to send emails. It seems like a lot of messages were either bouncing or not being sent at all. Sometimes it was completely unreliable. We were completely unaware of this until @Deadb4t had the problem. We did fix it promptly. We now use Amazon to send emails. It has a much higher send rate. Usually the emails sent from the board will be in your inbox folder, not in your spam folder (but be sure to check if you haven't received emails from the board in the past day, it's because we initially had some problems moving to Amazon's mail service, so nobody really got any emails in the last 24 hours.) Some people that registered may not have received registration emails at all. We apologise for any problems this may have caused. It should be fixed for future reference.

This does actually increase the cost to run Gaming Forums as well, less effect than some of the other changes we took when we had the opportunity, as well as the new server which is meant to show a performance increase and definitely more server stability. Premium membership will see a huge increase in perks over the next week or two. Finishing off something that should be cool for everyone, but premium members will get some additional benefits in the system.

2. Deadb4t

Deadb4t Lieutenant

10%
    Glad I could be a problem.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Reaper

Part of the bigger solution ;)

4. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

My first week, I reported a bunch of stuff lol. Like Reaper said, its all towards a solution lol.

@Reaper
    I'll probably pitch in for Premium at some point today, I've made almost 150 posts. Figure I'll pay some dues and help out a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reaper

Nice to see you on board :) Should be adding lots of cool things. New award system, you can choose three awards to have on all of your posts. Achieve awards by posting, getting your content liked, attaching accounts to your forum account, lots of tasks. I'll make a detailed thread tomorrow. Premium members will probably get some exclusive awards, and when I can get a designer to make them look nicer they'll be more valuable. For now though, you get some white icon ;) Some of what we're adding over the next few weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Darth_Marques

Beer mug, yay! Lol but really, it looks great. Like it.

7. Reaper

It needs a lot of styling still. Looks kinda ugly, not even centred o_O

You also got a trophy ;)

8. Darth_Marques

A couple actually lol. Sweet!

Also, probably should focus on the mobile version look as well. I know you're using Tapatalk but for those that refuse to use it, the styling of the new stuff is off. I'll screen cap and tweet it to the GamingForums account for reference.

9. Reaper

Oh, yuck, it is quite bad on mobile. Didn't even notice that. Disabling it for now in that case.

10. Reaper

Needs a little more work as well actually, graphic wise too and alignment. Looked fine on my test board though, it might be the style or something in the way of moving it over. I'll look into it, starting tomorrow though ;) 11 PM is my quality time.

11. Darth_Marques

;) in time lol.

12. Darth_Marques

Understandable. Its only 5 pm for me lol.