Joy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Doxicity, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Doxicity

Doxicity Lieutenant

60%
    All gamers rely on their graphics card to lead them into intensive battles. So what graphics card are you running on your computer? Is it your average card, or a beast? AMD or Nvidia?

I myself am running a XFX Radeon HD 7970 Ghz. Edition.
    It's an amazing card that I spent a lot of money on.

2. Joy

Joy Lieutenant

10%
    Hey guys/girls Joy here!
    I'm a chill person, and love to play
    games. :cool:

3. Vegas

Vegas Lieutenant

60%
    NVidia Geforce GTX660. Works for pretty much everything I need it to.

4. Vegas

Vegas Lieutenant

60%
    Your shades are thoroughly indicative of your chillness factor. What kinda games?

5. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I game on my Playstation mainly, but plan on getting a new computer if the PS4 doesn't end up supporting a keyboard and mouse for gaming ASAP. My computer runs a nice NVIDIA GT 220 which, I guess, does the work it has to. Still plays Battlefield 3 at 40fps, and Battlefield 4 at 10fps (why I chose a console xD). I could get a pretty cheap 80-100 FPS Battlefield 4 build for £450 which is a possibility. My computer is a long way old, and it's mainly used for work so yeah.

6. Vegas

Vegas Lieutenant

60%
    If your rig can support it, you could just get like a 570 and play most stuff at a reasonable level for a few more years. Great budget card and you can probably find a used one in good condition somewhere. I upgraded to a 660 and sold my 570 to a friend for 150, and that was over a year ago. Price should be even better meow.

7. Reaper

It's just the card that's a bit out. I have an Intel i5 processor and the rest of my rig is pretty damn good, if I had a card I could easily grind out 80+ FPS on Battlefield 4, ultra settings.

8. Vegas

Vegas Lieutenant

60%
    Sounds like it. Make sure you're set on the MOBO and get you an upgrade!

9. Doxicity

Doxicity Lieutenant

60%
    You should definitely do it. Set some money aside for a new graphics card, within a reasonable budget. Once your FPS sky rockets on Battlefield, you'll never want to go back to console. BF4 is a really great game to see the capabilities of a card.

10. Vegas

Vegas Lieutenant

60%
    Don't let it ruin your console experience or anything. I adore the stunning visuals my rig can output but it's no XBL emulator :D

It does always make me wish my console looked as good as my PC though. Playing stuff on console that I've already beaten on PC is torturous now and then :p

11. Reaper

I like playing a bit competitively, not necessarily MLG competitive but trying to come out on the top and actually play the damn objective. I used to play Battlefield 3 on my PC and <3 the mouse. I swear, controllers annoy me. I don't understand. Some people I've talked to said you can't be anywhere near as accurate on a PC as you can on a console. I thought they got it mixed up and said it the wrong way around. It's impossible to be as accurate with a joystick as you can with a mouse. And I really miss the keyboard too. I could be so much more precise, and I miss the tapping of the keys and hearing them when I was using WASD a lot. Controllers, you can only be so accurate. One of the main reasons I'd just throw my PS4 out the window if I had a nice computer.

12. Mew

Mew Lieutenant

10%
    tchanananaana my BEAST graphic card is............... Nvidia GeForce Go 7400.. XD with some tweaks and 4gb ram on laptop hehe I should buy a new pc anyway

13. project

project Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I currently play on my PlayStation 4, but my PC has an ATI HD5970 card. I can not remember what card my MacBook Pro has, but it has a dedicated AMD card.

14. Scott

Scott Lieutenant

10%
    Radeon HD7950 3 GB DDR5 in my desktop and I can't really remember which there is in my laptops.

Btw why isn't this thread more based on "spec" instead of just graphic card? Seems abit odd, it's like asking what kind of car you own, only your only asking for brand and not what specific car they have.

15. Doxicity

Doxicity Lieutenant

60%
    That's quite true. I'll change it to generalize it into the whole rig.

Edit: I guess not, OP can only be edited within 15 minutes of it being created.

16. Phormick

Phormick Lieutenant

10%
    I am currently utilizing a GTX 770, and I'm very satisfied with it.

17. Collman

Collman Lieutenant

10%
    I recently purchesed a Gigabyte Radeon R9 290x (4096MB GDDR5 512 bit) and love it. The only downside would have to the the noise when it is running the stock fan, bareable but still loud.