Make a Notice about prenuim.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Nova, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    Since you've hid the Prenuim Member forum, it's hard for people (especially new members) to know about this membership. So how about a Notice on the front page?

2. project

project Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We will probably add the upgrade site to the navigation.

3. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'll add something in the help pages about it soon, but I don't really want to make it all about premium. Perhaps a notification would work too.

Right now you can see info at https://www.gamingforums.net/account/upgrades

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reaper

Added premium member forum back, someone made a suggestion and I forgot it was how it was meant to be. I made it so you can see the node but not the content inside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PulsarX

PulsarX Captain

35%
    My opinion is that you should make the premium option a bit more enticing, for me it's not worth 10 dollars to have a few extra option in my signature or posts, but maybe if you got to have like a cool prefix for your username or you could use full color options (like green, blue, pink, red, teal etc.) for your username or had cool particle effects around the username. I'm not sure actually how hard this is to do coding wise at all, but then I think the premium option would seem much more appealing, at least to me.

6. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    Xenforo doesn't really need a lot of coding.

Plus $10 for a sorta new look is that crap Hearthstone just pulled where you can pay $10 to make your hero "look different" with new emoticons and card backs.

I think it's not a bad deal at all. Plus, you kinda have to lay back a bit on the fact this site is free and has no real way of making money at the moment, and is infact probably doing the opposite.
    [​IMG]

7. PulsarX

PulsarX Captain

35%
    I meant in addition to the other things, idk im just saying for me that would be a better deal. I also agree that the site should be supported though

8. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I think you're misunderstanding honestly.

Premium is a badge of honor, saying you donated to the site to help out not because of the extras but because you genuinely enjoy coming here. The extra flair on the username, custom titles, access to Prem forums... It's just a small way of saying thank you to those members that chose to donate. Hence why there isn't a notice, or any "advertising" for Premium. :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. PulsarX

PulsarX Captain

35%
    oh sorry, now I sound greedy and selfish... dang't did not mean to come off that way I guess I'm just used to the like 100 dollars I spent pointlessly on minecraft servers a while ago so I could have a cool name or so

10. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

No harm done! It's good to have questions/opinions and to voice them. I'm not judgmental, and not trying to sound harsh. I just like to be informative more than anything.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Reaper

I don't disagree. The premium members do need more benefits and we're working hard to make them available. I'm on my way out right now and in a rush, but when I'm back I can explain some of the things we're working on from a development standpoint. It's not only aesthetic features I want to provide, but I don't want to limit essential functionality from non-paying members. I also don't want to add ads. So right now it's there to help pay for the site bills and provide some nice looking features. I'll consider the sparkles idea, or better yet add the glow we had before again. But I want to add some real functionality.

12. Reaper

Minecraft servers are an absolute joke for pricing. @Locke and I are actually making a Minecraft host right now, and it's almost disgusting how much hosts get paid trying to offer reasonable pricing and not oversell / be legit compared to a Minecraft server that sells $300 for the command /tpa (send a teleport REQUEST). They get sales too. And nope, you really don't sound greedy. I appreciate your thoughts.