Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reaper, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

One of the biggest fights in history in terms of money is pretty close ahead. It's on Saturday and can be watched on a specific PPV channel. Anyone watching it? Who do you think will win? Mayweather or Pacquiao?

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I refuse to pay for these things. Its not something I particularly enjoy watching, mostly because I'm a nonviolent person. Watching to guys hit each other for money just doesn't strike me as entertaining lol.

No offense to anyone that does watch it though. That's just my opinion.

3. Reaper

Not necessarily about boxing here, Mayweather is disliked by a lot of people for a lot of things. Abusing women, flaunting his money around, generally lots call him a dick. I'm sure about half of the people watching won't have seen a boxing game in their life, or at least not watch regularly. Some of that half probably just want to see Mayweather lose. On the other hand, Pacquiao has done some pretty good things, I know a lot of people want to support him as a person instead of the whole fight part of it. People have lots of reasons for watching I guess.

4. Darth_Marques

Interesting. Also, I learned today that Mayweather stands in a cryogenic chamber chilled to -240° after a training session. I call it over kill, but what do I know? I just drink chocolate milk and take a cold shower...

Edit: Video

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Reaper

I think he does it more to flaunt his money. I can't be sure but a lot of the time he just shows off his money, so I'm guessing he's also doing this for such. His thinking is probably 'because I can'. In his garage he has two of the exact same car, just slightly different colours if I remember correctly. I'd agree saying it's overkill, I mean depending on his training session it could be more reasonable but still. It's only about £50 near where I live but try that after every training session, eventually it becomes showing off your money. Say you train 6 times a week, that's £300. All year that's £12,600. That's almost 20,000 US dollars. Sure, you don't have to be a millionaire to have those, but if you're spending $20,000 a year, I'm pretty sure you're rich or don't have many expenses.

6. Darth_Marques

Yeah, roughly $1668 a month. That's 4 of my house notes a month, and then some. Screw that lol. That's money I would be putting in a safe place, like buried in the backyard or something.

7. Reaper

Nope, not looking good for Pacquiao. He had his moments but I'm not seeing it.

8. Reaper

Well, that wasn't worth £20. Sucks for the people that paid.

9. Reaper

Not sure what on earth he was talking about after the fight. Mayweather left some good words but Pacquiao didn't answer the questions properly and I think he was kinda being an ass about it.

10. Darth_Marques

Everyone was talking about this fight at work. Mostly disappointment because it was terrible.

11. Reaper

Yeah, my friends were too. Lots of them went to friends houses though so they were like it was OK because they didn't pay anything. The ones that paid were like that's the worst way I've spent £20. Sucks for Americans, you guys had to spend $100. Wouldn't even consider it. Mayweather was playing safe to defend his title and while he's 48-0 now, we were bored. The crowd was cheering at nothing as well. The ref sucked too, Mayweather grabbed him like 6 times (smart but w/e).

12. Reaper

13. Darth_Marques

Lol. Yeah, he got himself into a load of trouble there. I'm not sure how it works, but unless he injured it the night before/day of.... I can't say he'll face jail time, he can probably buy his way out of it. But still that is just ridiculous.

14. Reaper

He won't go to jail. He needs surgery for his arm, and if he goes to jail the government will need to pay for that. Surgery is expensive. As long as he has a lawyer that isn't fresh out of law school, he'll be fine. Fines aren't really a problem for him either.