Old handheld games

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tdrsam, Feb 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tdrsam

tdrsam Lieutenant

10%
    Hi,

I was cleaning out parents house and found a couple of handheld games that look pretty old (maybe 1980's) but are in great condition.

I was wondering if anyone might know where to find information about what the games might be worth?

Thanks

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

1980s games would depend on what the game was. As far as what they would go for, you'd have to look on eBay or Amazon to see what you could get.

3. tdrsam

tdrsam Lieutenant

10%
    Thanks.
    If I can't find them on eBay or Amazon, or there's not many of them, could that mean they might be rare?

4. Darth_Marques

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not well-versed with older games and values, mostly just some Google searches will get me the info. A pawn shop might be able to give you more info, but considering the popularity of games like PacMan and Co, football, basketball, etc. they may not be worth much.

If you had the names of the games I could probably do more for you, but without that you're in your own.

5. tdrsam

tdrsam Lieutenant

10%
    I know one if them is 'RadioShack Mighty Kong' but I can't remember the name of the other one. The Kong one is in great condition though.

6. Darth_Marques

[​IMG]
    This one? Old listing on eBay.
    Depending on the condition and whatnot, it may actually be worth a good bit to a collector.

7. tdrsam

tdrsam Lieutenant

10%
    That's exactly it. In mint condition. Any idea where collectors might be looking at forums or something?