Pandora Radio/Spotify (playlists)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darth_Marques, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

So what I'm going for in this thread:

Discover new music in genres that I already like, by different artists. Obviously, this goes for not just me. However, I've noticed in the last 2-3 years I've stopped listening to new artists and focused on my established tastes.

Sadly, this is true for most people getting to the ages 21+. Based on a study done by Spotify (take with a pinch of salt), older users gradually lost interest in new/alternate artists and eventually stopped finding new music entirely. Again, this is based off of Spotify's research and may not be reliable, but it did get me thinking.

So here we are, and I'll add my most recent Pandora playlist.

[Insert unimaginative playlist Name]
    Started with a Breaking Benjamin station, and gradually kept adding some of my favorite artists.

Breaking Benjamin
    Disturbed
    Device (Similar to Disturbed)
    Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    Red
    A Hero A Fake
    Eyes Set to Kill
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Three Days Grace
    Volbeat
    Staind
    Metallica
    Five Finger Death Punch
    30 Seconds to Mars
    Bullet for My Valentine
    Seether
    Chevelle
    Linkin Park

That's my main playlist, and its quite the collection of music. However, it lacks anything *new* and I'm hoping to establish some suggestions and the like for similar music.

Furthermore, if you have questions about a particular artist, feel free to ask about them.

All the artists above are in my "Harder Rock" playlist, though it plays some really heavy stuff at times.

2. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What I do is I just look for playlists. I'm too busy to find songs that I like and look around for exact names and find specific artists. So I just find public playlists that are good. I was going to mention this in a thread but I suppose it's somewhat relevant, I'm using Apple Music right now (free trial, Apple, why not try it out). There are literally no good playlists. The 'hot tracks' are really bad. So I'm stuck at the point where I don't know what to listen to. Right now I'm going to "For You" and playing random artists there which isn't the worst thing actually, but there's no Topsify or Billboard Hot 100 like there was on Spotify. We don't have Pandora in the UK though afaik.