PC or ?

Discussion in 'Platforms and Consoles' started by Qenovus, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Qenovus

Qenovus Lieutenant

10%
    Hello, can you guys tell me which is better? PS4 or this PC for gaming.

Graphics Card- ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    Processor- AMD FX-6350 Six-Core 3.90 Ghz
    Ram- 8GB (2x4)
    Hard Drive- 1TB
    Motherboard- M5A78L-M USB3
    Power Supply- 600W

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Depending on the games you play, the PC looks decent. The GTX 660 is an all-around GFX card, can do pretty well with any game.

Compared to the PS4... That's up to you buddy. PS4 is pretty much set on hardware, so no future upkeep unless it dies. The PC can be upgraded later, but that's a smaller cost compared to initial purchase.

3. Qenovus

Qenovus Lieutenant

10%
    Thx for help. :) What do you think would be a good upgrade for that PC? Would SLI 660 be any good for games like gta5 on high settings ? :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  4. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

That I'm not sure on, but here's the GTX 660 SLI running Crysis 3 at 1080p. Hope it helps.

My brother runs the card you're looking at and it performs great on a non-gaming PC, runs most of his games at medium to high settings, so the SLI I would assume to be a tad better.

5. Qenovus

Qenovus Lieutenant

10%
    Ty :)

6. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

It really depends on your preference. You can get controllers on PC too.

What I've noticed is PC gamers are more serious and competitive, consoles are a bit more relaxed, but either way you can find both interchangeably.

I'm not great at PC specs anymore, I've been out of the PC building scene for a while. Darth probably knows more than me. PS4s are set until the PS5 which is a looong time away. We'll probably get 2-3 variations of the PS4 before the PS4. The PS4 is still new. So that'll keep supporting games. PC has a much wider array of games, though. If you can keep your PC up to date, you'll have the ability to keep up to date with the latest technologies and play the new games in a bit better quality.

It really depends on what kinda person you are, what your friends use and all that.

Good luck.

7. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    I say look at the exclusives and pick the ones you like the most.

8. Qenovus

Qenovus Lieutenant

10%
    The only thing I hate on PC is when you want to lock frame rate on a game to 30 fps. It looks worse on PC than on console (I think) because consoles use high motion blur which hides stuttering unlike on PC (with controller). Tested on gta4. :-

And the reason I would lock frame rate is when your fps drops between 60/30.