Photoshop or Gimp?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Phormick, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Phormick

Phormick Lieutenant

10%
    Which do you prefer and why? Photoshop or Gimp. Answer the poll or leave a comment below!

2. project

project Administrator Staff Member Administrator

These two software are not comparable in my opinion, as Photoshop is much more professional and feature-packed (expensive vs. free).

3. God

God Lieutenant

60%
    Yeah, like Locke said, the two are on different playing fields but I prefer using PhotoShop :p

4. Alex

Alex Lieutenant

70%
    If you don't have the money to purchase Photoshop... or get it some other way >.>, GIMP is definitely one of the best alternatives as it gets the job done and it's free.

The only problem with GIMP is that it's not user friendly at all.

If money was out of the question, Photoshop wins every time though it should, being so expensive.

5. Phormick

Phormick Lieutenant

10%
    They really aren't. Photoshop has great features, but has a cost. GIMP has GOOD features, not as good as photoshop, but it's free. Both have their pros's and cons. It's not apples vs. oranges, here.

6. Jacob

Jacob Captain

35%
    This.

7. Shinato

Shinato Lieutenant

20%
    GiMP is a mere free option to Photoshop, it has some of the features that Photoshop has but not all of them, and because of that it is free. If you want the rest then you will have to pay for them. So its logical that Photoshop is better as it is basically GiMP + more.

• Like Like x 2
  8. project

project Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Adobe has made Photoshop cheaper (Adobe CC) with a monthly fee instead of having to pay $2,000-$3,000. There is a also a discount for students. https://creative.adobe.com/en/plans

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jacob

Jacob Captain

35%
    I made this in GIMP cause I was bored:
    [​IMG]