Prefix Suggestions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Reaper, May 9, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Suggest prefixes to add here. Prefix name (as shown) and the forums it should be available in. Optionally a short reason why. Feel free to discuss additions and removals to prefixes as well.

2. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    Rumour - a lot of gaming news is rumour to start with, would help distinguish from actual confirmed news.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reaper

Added :)

4. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    For the support section you could add Bug, Suggestion or Feedback or something similar.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Also, consider adding "resolved" under the "bug" category.

6. Reaper

Already done. There's a few others as well. Only admins and mods can use them though, they're added after successful resolution.

7. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    I was going to make a New Thread but I found this. For suggestions:

For the General Gaming area, I don't think that listing popular games as Prefixes is a good idea. I was thinking maybe stuff that'd lead for more of a conversation, because there are so many games out there and just listing some popular ones don't really categorize it. Like, @Darth_Marques writes Destiny guides and Patches, so instead of putting it under Destiny, you could put it under Patches or Guides. It also lets them be used a bit more, cause if I'm writing about, I don't know, Portal, then I can't use a prefix. But if I'm talking about like a certain part of Portal, like an update or game play. See sorta what I'm getting at?

8. Darth_Marques

Honestly, I'd rather use a tag system versus the prefix system. Put a tag cloud on the frontpage, and go from there. How it is now, the most popular topics (either by views or replies or both) eventually get buried unless specifically searching for something.

Anyhow, not sure what that would mean. A blog system for longer/continuing/updating posts would be slightly better with a tag system. Only thing is, it kind of steers away from the forums unless new topics are created specifically for discussion. I prefer tagging on my blog, but its more for one way conversations than anything else.

9. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    What I meant was to not focus the prefix on one game and instead on what the thread is about.

10. Darth_Marques

Oh ok, my mistake lol. It's late, not reading correctly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Reaper

Yeah, I initially done it so I could just move all threads with a certain prefix when the forum got big enough to be split up. I'll utilise the new tagging system in XF 1.5 though.