Pretty bad Friday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darth_Marques, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Alright, so first off I'm not a bad person. I don't steal, I don't lie. I'm what I consider to be a good person.

So today, my place of occupation came up short in the money drawer. Over $100, and its a big deal. I didn't think anything of it, as I avoid dealing with the money for this reason. However, my boss made the discovery that a receipt and change I had taken Monday, 4 days ago, wasn't there. And naturally, jumps to the conclusion that I "took" the money. So I'm pretty pissed at this point, and getting angrier.

For one, its been 4 freaking days. Two, I gave the change and receipt, as is procedure, to the secretary that same Monday. And it came up missing. So after a few hours beating around the bush, looking for the missing stuff, I go on a delivery. Again, I'm pissed and my boss knows I'm pissed now. So on NY way back, I stop at an ATM and get the $100 that's missing. I pay for whats missing, and make it clear that its not an admission of guilt but something to make the damn problem go away.

So after "returning" the cash, nothing is said further about it. I'm still pissed, because its ridiculous to just flat out accuse me of this. I mean, why not just ask? Anyhow, its been 4 hours since that point, and still nothing.

Like I said, I'm not a person to steal. And if I were to steal, it'd be a couple grand (a felony in the US is $500+) to make it worth my while. Not a measly $100.

TL;DR Got gas in the company vehicle 4 days ago, just now being accused of stealing $100. Pissed at my boss and the way this stuff happened. I'm now out $100, and doesn't look like I'll get any of it back for events out of my control.

So, Happy Friday guys!

2. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That sounds crap. I wouldn't really pay the $100 honestly. You were getting a new job anyway right? $100 is more to you than it is to a company that makes much, much more.

3. Darth_Marques

Yeah, I got the money back. And I was counting on getting it back. With my boss, it's a complicated situation and I would never have given the money to another company. However, after 3 months working there and several smaller, less important incidents like this, I understand how he works. So I paid up with the "feeling" or whatever that I would eventually get it back lol. It's a terrible workplace, and I should have never taken the job. It's a family friend that runs the local store. I generally never take jobs like this, but I did this time because, well I thought I knew the guy... Oh well, I'm still pissed but at least I got my money back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darth_Marques

On a rather funny note, I have the Chrome extension that changes "cloud" to "butt" on a webpage... And my title is "Cloud Chaser" so on my desktop it's "Butt Chaser" and I was seriously confused for a second lol. Gave me a good laugh, forgot I had that extension installed.

cloud-to-butt.PNG

Old post on top, newest on bottom...

5. project

project Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Sounds like a weird extension. Why did you install it in the first place?

6. Darth_Marques

Why not? (My reasoning at the time.) Its been ~3 months since I installed it and this is the first time its shown its face. Completely forgot about it honestly, may have to uninstall it though... Its distracting to see that because I know its not right.

7. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

How is that even an extension... o_O

8. Darth_Marques

There are many like it, but I think I installed it to mess with my wife... Maybe. Only thing I could think of anyway.

Its a free extension... I dunno. It works as advertised though lol.

• Funny Funny x 1