Question about registration

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Jacob, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Jacob

Jacob Captain

35%
    When I signed up, you (@Robust), had to approve my account. Is that still the case? Have you tried implementing Captcha?

2. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

http://gamingforums.net/showthread.php?tid=79&pid=406#pid406

You can discuss the game in their lounge until then.

3. Reaper

We've always had reCAPTCHA enabled. We also use things such as Project Honeypot and some other public spam lists to determine a risk level. If it's higher than a certain threshold, your registration needs to be manually approved. You were probably flagged in that case and I approved it. Most people don't need to go through that, only a very very low percentage get flagged.

4. Jacob

Jacob Captain

35%
    Oh OK, thanks. It was just odd because that's never happened to me. :geek:

Update:

I've just gone to Project Honeypot's website and requested to be white-listed. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  5. Reaper

It could be Project Honeypot or StopForumSpam. We used to get a number of flagged users before. I've lowered the levels for a while. It's probably nothing to worry about, and believe it or not, username is actually one of the factors. So that could have been the reason for being flagged. And yeah, I've essentially made the username useless towards the actual spam count unless it's something like lolkingz128525.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Olympus

Olympus Lieutenant

20%
    Yeah, I registered just fine w/ a captcha thing.

7. Jacob

Jacob Captain

35%
    Yes, as @Robust described, it was probably one of many things that were checked thoroughly.

8. Olympus

Olympus Lieutenant

20%
    Oh ok.