Rendering of Final WTC building

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darth_Marques, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

[​IMG]

As of June this year, the picture above is to be the final design of the new WTC building.

Originally, it was a sleek design, with four diamond shaped skylights at the top.

[​IMG]

Rather sleek, but apparently unfitting of the new media age. No idea what that means, but it wasn't my decision.

What are your thoughts on this, old compared to new? Personally, the old design looks better. The new stepped look just... Bleh. Looks odd and out of place to me.

2. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
  3. Darth_Marques

Fixed that for you lol.

4. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What on earth is that... It doesn't even look like a building. Looks like my stairs, just a little bit bigger in height.

5. Darth_Marques

Yeah, I dont understand it. Supposedly, big media companies like Fox are moving into the bottom floors. Part of the reason the design was changed, and a new architect found.

6. Reaper

Fox don't like normal things?

7. Darth_Marques

No, Fox thinks "outside" the box. Hence the stories they cover tend to be exaggerated or even filled with lies they didn't fact check.

They have a long history of doing this.

8. Reaper

They're doing a good job, the building is made out of 3D rectangles.

9. Darth_Marques

Guys, I got it! Let's make this thing look like something a 12 year old would build in Minecraft!

Everyone else: oooooooh yeaaaaaahhhhh!

10. Reaper

Since they think outside the box, their offices will probably be floating outside. The cube will just be solid inside, for design purposes only.

BTW 12 year olds build some decent stuff in Minecraft, it's like lego, this stuff just looks weird.