Skin Issues

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Luke Karmali, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Luke Karmali

Luke Karmali Guest

Blizzard has revealed it has big plans for World of Warcraft's well-received Garrisons feature, but it's unlikely you'll be bringing it with you into future expansions.

Speaking to IGN about how the MMO managed to get its subscriber numbers above 10 million once more, lead game designer Ion Hazzikostas acknowledged the hugely positive reaction to Garrisons is something the developer is really happy with, and the team want to continue to build on this.

"I think there’s no question that we’re going to keep pushing the Garrison feature forward throughout Warlords of Draenor," he says. "Your garrison is your settlement in Draenor and your ongoing efforts against the Iron Horde and your enemies are expressed there. In the 6.1 patch coming up we have some improvements to the Garrison system, followers, new followers, new traits for your followers, new missions and so on but I think as we look into future patches beyond that it’s likely we’re going to grow the Garrison concept further."

Continue reading…

Credits to IGN for this article

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

So, I love the skin. My only issue is the rotating background. I'm on an older laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525) and running Ubuntu. The constant rotation of the background lags the site so much, I can barely type out this message lol. Any way to turn that off for an individual user? It isn't a problem on my gaming rig, but my laptop is having fits with it.

Honestly, its not a huge issue. I should be buying a new laptop in the next few months. But this may be an issue preventing people from signing up or sticking around. (And it may just be me and my 6 yr old laptop lol)

3. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'm getting some on initial page load as well. I'm not 100% sure on what to have as a background however - since as we focus on all games we can't have anything but a generic background or a background with multiple games. I get the lag initially for the first few seconds, and apparently when typing it happens too. I have a Mid-2014 Macbook Pro. Disabled it for now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Hmm. Gaming in general could be done with a collage of the consoles and a PC.
    Example:
    example.jpg

It would cover all games and consoles. And even mobile "gaming" should you want to include that as well. (Don't ask me to design this lol. I'm terrible with graphics and know less than nothing about it.)