Slower or Faster?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Reaper, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We have changed CDN to our own for the time being, as I don't really want to dish out masses of money on CloudFlare for what we can get minus their extensive protection (we still have some protection) and some other optimisations when we don't need it. We got hit off once and that was using CloudFlare, and tbh that attack I think could take down some of the big sites, perhaps even Google. It was a friend for a few minutes, and it was definitely powerful.

The only location now is America, I do have some European calls to speed things up though, so that may trigger for quite a number of European countries.

Basically though, the site may be slower for some, faster for others. I've taken this opportunity to setup some caching methods, make caching more aggressive, content compression more aggressive etc.

It's definitely much faster for me, and I'm European, not sure what you guys are seeing though.

2. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

3. Jacob

Jacob Captain

35%
    Nah, I see no difference. It's as fast as it was before. (I'm in Texas, USA) [​IMG]