Smite (beta)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Darth_Marques, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Anyone play Smite? It's pretty much LoL but with mythological Gods. Norse, Greek, Egyptian, Mayan... Etc. I like it more than LoL because of the gods. I love mythology and they include tidbits of lore on the Gods.

Been playing for all of a day and its pretty addicting. I really don't care for games like League but Smite talks to me for whatever reason. It's on Xbox One right now, and I've played 10-12 hours in the game in the 24 hours I've had it downloaded.

I've been using Zeus, and decimating with him.

Smite is in beta right now, so some things are broken, missing, or just bad looking. But the gameplay and combat is nice, and feels more fluid (on a controller) than it should.

2. project

project Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I used to play it about a year ago on PC, after a friend of mine introduced me to it. It was alright, but I like the original "birdview" more (DoTA, HoN, LoL, etc).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Agreed on the birdview. If it was offered for Smite, I'd use it. However, certain Gods abilities dont really allow the birdview IMO. Thanatos, for one, has an ult that flies up in the air and can execute low health Gods. Birdview would certainly make awareness less of an issue, but I found it slightly more challenging to keep up with number of enemies around you.

Plus, I have 5 friends playing on X1 so that's a big factor as well. But its pretty solid and the controls are pretty easy to use. Now I just need to learn it...