Star Wars trailer #3

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nova, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    GUYS....

I didn't put this in the Star Wars thread cause I thought this was too huge and amazing to be shared in a thread. The latest trailer for the new Star Wars is absolutely breath taking:

Like, woah

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Yeah, I can't watch anymore trailers. I'm way too hyped to wait 2 more months...

3. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    IT WAS SO AMAZING HOLY CRAP

I got the chills and started sweating while watching this. I'd be surprised if I don't cry in the movie theater at the end.

4. Darth_Marques

Lol, yeah it was great. Trust me, I'm very hyped right now. But, for my health and sanity as well as my wife's, I've decided to try playing it as cool as possible. Battlefront almost ended me, and that was just a beta of a video game... Imagine a "beta" of the actual movie. And then multiply that by about 50 to get my excitement when the day finally comes...

I fully intend to watch this in iMax with my wife. Already decided to do that, so that's what we'll definitely be doing lol. :D

5. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    Seems like a nice plan!

6. Darth_Marques

Yep! Until then, I'm laying low and trying to manage my hype...

7. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    It takes skill to do that

8. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Never seen a Star Wars or played any of their games. I wonder if I've surpassed the age to start.

(Watch people think I'm old now)

What age is Star Wars targeted at? Or is it universal?

9. Darth_Marques

Well, it was targeted for 16-25 or so in the 80s. Based off of the people that like it now and their age when it released... I think the current demographic is younger kids, the cartoons (Clone Wars, Rebels) are filler content that explain missing segments during/between the movies.

Honestly, if you think you'll be interested or just wanna check it out, do it. At the worst, you won't like it and just turn it off. Then come back here and tell me as much lol. If you like Firefly, Star Trek, or anything similar... Try it out. Completely different universes, but the sci-fi aspects are pretty similar. You know, minus the swords made of unstoppable light...

10. Reaper

16-25 fits my age. I just wasn't too sure seeing people younger (like < 13) running around with lightsabers (which I think are from Star Wars?).

Oh, I haven't seen Firefly or Star Trek either. Haha... I always thought it was a cartoon until I watched that trailer.

11. Darth_Marques

The toys are awesome, though I plan on crafting a model that lights up at some point. Just for show really.

And Firefly is a space western, quite literally. It's on Netflix, though it was cancelled after a single season despite it being VERY popular. Star Trek, I'm not surprised there. That's kind of before my time, though I know enough of it to understand what's going on in the shows and movies.

12. Reaper

I've always mostly watched stuff like Dexter, Prison Break, Breaking Bad, those types of shows. Narcos I watched recently and it's great.

13. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    @Reaper Star Wars is just one of those things you gotta see in your life, it's like an unwritten rule. EVERYONE has seen Star Wars, and it's aimed at everyone.