Still No XB1 Controller...Catching Up On 360 Titles

Discussion in 'Platforms and Consoles' started by Trent, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    So, it's been over a week since my XB1 controller gave up on me and I shipped it out for replacement, and I've yet to receive said replacement. All I have to keep myself sane is patience. Patience and a vast library of 360 titles.

I was extremely late to the last generation, mainly due to being young and broke and having a hard time convincing my parents to spend 300 some dollars on video gaming for me. Luckily, my older brother shelled out the cash eventually and we've been sharing the console ever since. I've bought quite a few 360 games over the past year or two (or three?) in an effort to catch up and experience all the "must-plays" of the generation. Some of my favorites would go on to be Batman Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, Dark Souls, Dead Space (All 3), The Mass Effect trilogy, Red Dead Redemption, and Skyrim (Until I played the living hell out of it and could never dare touch it again). And there's still more gems out there that I'd like to experience. The first thing I played to get me through my XB1 drought was Bioshock Infinite's DLC Burial At Sea. Was it good? Similarly mind bending story compared to the main game, and similarly annoying combat. There came a point about 3/4 of the way through it where I realized my favorite parts of the game were the parts with no combat, where I could just soak in the atmosphere and engage in the visual storytelling. Enjoyable experience though, was worth the ten dollars I spent at the very least. And I just bought a game called L.A. Noire (was on sale for $7.50 on the Xbox store, still is if you're interested) and I'm intrigued so far! So, to spark discussion, what are some of your guys' favorite 360 games? Any games you would recommend me checking out?

2. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That sucks. Does the X1 not have backwards compatibility at all for the 360 controller, or did the controller layout change completely from 360 -> One?

I had a pretty similar experience. I got a PS3 towards the end of its life, with the PS4 coming out very soon. It wasn't anything to do with money though, not even sure why but yeah. I got a PS4 towards release, so my PS3 was useful for a couple of months. CS:GO is the best game I got there, but nobody plays it on PS3 now. Battlefield 3 too, that's a really cool game. My Mac can't handle it (well, it can handle it just who plays shooters on a Mac, except CS:GO, you can get away with that), but my PS3 can. Heard a lot of good about Bioshock, never played it though. I played Dead Space until I got confused on what to do next. Same with the Mass Effect games. I got them really cheap at a sale in Game (the store, UK) so I was like why not. Actually, I've heard good about all the titles you mentioned. Sadly though, never played any of them.

Not sure what's available for the 360. I know lots of people like Forza and Halo, Xbox exclusives. Titanfall was really hated (I heard Titanfail more than Titanfall in videos shortly following its release). If you had a Playstation I'd really recommend playing The Last of Us. It's a game you need to play before you die lol.

3. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Honestly, you hit the biggest ones. There's wasn't a whole lot I remember playing other than a handful of titles.

RDR was an excellent title, and I had TONS of fun playing through it. I love old style games like that, especially stuff with old west weapons. (GTA 4 is in the same vein, but more modern obviously. Good game too.)

L.A. Noire I heard was good, but short. Didn't play it, as I had just picked up an overrated title instead. Can't remember what it was now.

I got tired of Skyrim on the 360 too, and gave it up for a month. Downloaded a not-so-legal copy for PC and I've been playing that a few hours a week. It's a lot better IMO, and the addons/mods that can be installed make the game wayyyy better.

Deus Ex was good, so pick up a cheap copy of that if you can.

4. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    The 360 controller only works with the 360 and so on. And I'd actually like to be able to have both an Xbox and Playstation later on in life, just so I can enjoy all of the exclusives. The Last of Us is definitely one I'd love to check out, although that alone doesn't warrant a PS3 or PS4 purchase in my opinion. Of course, there's Uncharted too, but I can't really think of anything else that I need to play that's not available on Xbox. The same could be said for why I'll probably never buy a Wii U

5. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Oh, I forgot about Uncharted. Yeah, one game doesn't warrant an expensive purchase. Better to just watch it played (but don't if you plan to buy a Playstation anytime in the near future). Uncharted is a great game series. I got Uncharted 3 for free with my PS3. Later played the other Uncharted games. I can't wait for the forth one.

6. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    What kind of game is Deus Ex? Looks interesting.

7. Darth_Marques

RPG mainly. Also has a lot of shooter elements. I think of it as a different way to play Metal Gear Solid. Sneaking, avoiding combat, combat, hacking stuff. You play as a cop that got injured on duty, almost killed. He gets cybernetic enhancements to replace everything that was lost, which includes new eyes, arms, and various other things. It's a great concept, and it was executed brilliantly IMO. It should also be really cheap by now, its an older game (I think 2012 or so.)

8. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    The 360 Deus Ex game I'm seeing on Amazon is Human Revolution. Is that the good one?

9. Darth_Marques

That's the one.