Tapatalk Support Added

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Reaper, May 7, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Support for Tapatalk has been added! For those who don't know, Tapatalk is a free app available on iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Windows 8. You can see their website here. This app allows you to browse the forum basically, but links it in with your Tapatalk account. It will probably make browsing faster (but hopefully not prettier, our style is amazing, right? ;))

Tapatalk should make browsing the forum much easier and more convenient out and about. Any problems with the app itself should be reported directly to Tapatalk via their support forums. Some problems may be on our end, and you should report those to us. It can be confusing finding out who to contact if you have a problem, so you can contact us if any problems arise using the app and we can point you in the right direction.

A little disclaimer, Tapatalk does store your login information on the site. This is to keep you logged in at all times I believe and make the sign up/sign in process simpler. Tapatalk has its own login information separately, so you'll have to manage that account separately. Your Tapatalk account provides you access to lots of forums that use the app, so you'll be able to browse your favourite forums in other topics too.

The app also supports push notifications. If you're new to Tapatalk, just browse around the interface and you should get the hang of it in less than 15 minutes. Push notifications give you a notification (similar to a text message) when you get tagged in something, someone replies or quotes you, or anything else you receive notifications for. This can be disabled in the app, but it's quite a neat feature to have. I've disabled all ads on the app, so you should not see any ads at all. Making revenue from you using an app isn't why we've installed it :)

Any problems, questions, please feel free to ask. Otherwise, I hope this helps make gaming discussion easier on the go.

FAQ:
    If you are using the same email on Tapatalk as your email here on Gaming Forums, you'll need to do the following. Here's a reply to a member asking the question:
    Yeah, their auto sign in process doesn't work. You need to click Use Different Account at the bottom of the log in screen and enter in your login information here on Gaming Forums.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Giving me a failed to connect to forum error...

3. Darth_Marques

Just a side note, but there's 13 visitors currently since you added Tapatalk. Visibility increased already lol.

4. Reaper

Yeah, their auto sign in process doesn't work. You need to click Use Different Account at the bottom of the log in screen and enter in your login information here on Gaming Forums.

5. Darth_Marques

Hmm. I can't even get to the login screen.

6. Reaper

Go onto Tapatalk
    Search gamingforums.net
    Hit follow on the one that has our logo (top one)
    Hit the menu (the three horizontal lines on the top right if using iOS, not sure about Android)
    Click Join or Sign In
    You'll see this:
    IMG_0234.png (click to see full size)
    Log In won't work initially, it'll only work after you use 'Use Different Profile' Try Log In, if it works it works, if not hit Use Different Profile. Here enter your forum login details and hit Log In.