The Depression Kicks In: Failed Attempts At Social Gaming

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Trent, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    So, in the past day, as I'm waiting for my newly purchased copy of Arkham Knight to arrive, I decided it might be fun to dip my toes into the world of multiplayer gaming. And I am reminded of just how difficult it is.

First attempt was popping in my dusty old copy of Borderlands 1. First thing I did was matchmake into a game, and I ended up surrounded by a bunch of psychos who derived pleasure from running around and trying to melee everyone. So, yeah, not fun. The next step was to hop into the official Gearbox forums to try and find some friends. The most recent posts were from months ago, I messaged their gamer tags regardless and got rejected because nobody plays that anymore. So, at this point I started feeling desperate. I noticed that the forums for the XB1 version, The Handsome Collection, was nice and active, so after sitting on it for a bit, I went ahead and shelled out $40 for the two games (I don't wholly regret this, I do want to play these games). So in the past hour or so I've tried desperately to find a group to play with, and still no luck. I might just need to give it time, but this process is not fun.

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Man, LFG suuuucks. Mostly, on games like these that nobody plays a whole lot, its hardcore vets that don't want to teach the ropes.

Destiny has the best (IMO) community to play with. Sure, a few bad seeds out there but most are good people.

Your best bet is to keep trying. Or look on the Reddit subs for borderlands. Also, I think the100.io just added LFG support for Borderlands, so try signing up there.

Best of luck to you, LFG always sucks in those situations. I'd play if I owned the games.

3. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    Fortunately, managed to find a couple of guys to play with, and I really enjoyed it! Honestly, it was everything I could've hoped for.

4. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Good! There are some games meant to be played with others...