The future of toast

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darth_Marques, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

That scene in Guardians of the Galaxy where that guy has a lightsaber knife that cuts the bread and toasts it is becoming a reality.

A saw blade, hooked up to lots of copper, wiring, and insanity, leads to this video.

Don't try this at home kids, its a modified microwave transformer and it could will hurt you.

2. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Someone was quite the fan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darth_Marques

Never fails to amaze me just what people can come up with. And then we keep getting slightly better phones/computers/tablets/etc every year. Someone stop the cycle, put 2-4 years of development into something new, and change this stupid cycle up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Reaper

If I read correctly, iPhones haven't gotten a major hardware upgrade for a very long time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Darth_Marques

Indeed, the last few years have been minor bumps. And the thing that most needs development, i.e. batteries, is the thing no manufacturer is touching. MIT is working on new batteries, but it'll be 5-10 years before it even hits production. It's all a big scam, but you can't escape it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reaper

Nothing significantly better to turn to. Companies are putting in little effort for huge money, and since we have no good options we have to choose out of the half-assed ones. Great. Companies are great until they get big.

• Like Like x 2
  7. project

project Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Innovation and research has to be funded. I always wait two years before upgrading my phone, though. However, I might upgrade to iPhone 7 if there are large improvements. I bought my iPhone 6 a few months ago.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Darth_Marques

Same. Considering a swap to iOS in the fall. Just easier for the most part.

• Like Like x 2
  9. project

I had a HTC One M8, but I decided to switch back to iOS after about a year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Darth_Marques

I basically got into Android because of rooting. I was tired of jailbreaking and it was boring. IPhones were also a lot more limited back then, in terms of what is out there today. I mean, Android is great. But EVERYONE has an iPhone now. And generally, it makes life easier.

Plus, Google is still present in iOS. That's the biggest thing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Reaper

That's the main thing. I had an Android just because it was more affordable back then and more customisable. Went into iPhones just because all of my friends had an iPhone, it turned out to be alright. iPhones are still really limited though. That's not really a disadvantage though, it's a feature. People don't like control.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Darth_Marques

Yep, but at the same time, too little control is bad. Android has all these devices running Android, with different specs and such. Screen size, memory, etc. At least with iPhone I would know the limitations of the device. Android is a trial and error thing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. project

One of the main reasons that I switched.

• Like Like x 1