The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Boomer, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Boomer

Boomer Lieutenant Active Member

10%
    I've been chewing on this game for a little over a week now. I'm new to the Witcher realm. I haven't read the books, nor have I played any of the previous titles. When I first went to pick it up, I was concerned about playing it because I figured I would be lost with the story line. I must say, they've done a good job at providing enough information for you to pick up on "weighty" relationships your character may have with NPCs. I have no problem understanding fully what's going on. I feel "up to date", if that makes sense.

The combat is great! I can feel the power of the weapon when he uses it. The weapons and armor are designed with a realistic feel. Long, thin hand and a half blade that literally cuts your enemies into pieces. That's right, dismemberment!!! The blood spatter effects are top notch. Easy to learn, challenging to master. I find myself choosing the more aggressive options in conversations, just so I can slice something to bits!

It can be very wordy at times, though. Sometimes you're running from one conversation to another....then...another and another. On top of that, you have to actually pay attention to what you say because the dialogue can determine where you go in the story line. It has 3 alternate endings in total. So it brings some hefty replay value to the table.

Tons of side quests like treasure hunts, monster hunting, horse racing and bare fist boxing, keep it interesting when you need a break from the story line. If you're into RPG games, this one is definitely one to look at. Just my two cents. :)

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I played like 20 minutes of The Witcher 2 and got bored. I still have the discs (lol) and have been meaning to reinstall it and play at some point.

No time to play it though lately. Hard to make time with the holiday weekend and all.