Thoughts on official forum games?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Seastone, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Seastone

Seastone Lieutenant

10%
    Hello Ya'll!

I've been on HF since 2011, almost nobody knows who the f I am since i took a long break. I used to be active in the eWhoring section but now a days I lurk around.. Anyway, a little about myself: I'm 18 living at my own place. Still going to school, starting my last year. I play games such as Heroes of Newerth and World of Warcraft. I just recently got banned from CS:GO (Cheats :cool:).

Anyway, looking forward getting to know you guys. :blush:

2. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

It is a gaming forum after all, what's your thought on random forum games? Perhaps a fortnightly event where an award or some more meaningful prize can be won. Either a search for an easter egg (not literally an easter egg, but some kind of hidden thing around this site or related things linking off this site), quizzes, puzzles or community missions such as what DICE do for Battlefield? http://blogs.battlefield.com/tag/community-missions/

Boring or a decent idea? Before someone asks, it's not paid entry :D

3. Vegas

Vegas Lieutenant

60%
    I like the sound of this. I REALLY like the idea of making it about doing things in certain games AND on the forum. Not everyone is going to have the game you decide to say "Find this box on floor f3" for, so forum games would be great for the success of such a venture. I would only like to see it in moderation, though. Not a weekly thing if it's going to be for an award, unless the wins could be cumulative for a better reward.

4. Reaper

Likely fortnightly, and if you have any better prize alternatives than awards then I'm all ears. Likely the winner of one game would decide the next one, but make sure it's not too hard, not too easy and not too difficult to implement.

5. God

God Lieutenant

60%
    Sounds sick! I all for this idea :) Please implement

6. Alex

Alex Lieutenant

70%
    It would be a nice way to really get users involved in the community. I'm for it. :)

7. KindaPlays

KindaPlays Lieutenant

10%
    Sounds good. Wouldn't be too hard to get it going either!

You could do custom images like the migration one?

8. Reaper

Basically, yup.

Oh, and about migration... Migration is kinda outdated though -- nginx gave a 7d expiry header with it. Oh, and old cache is still processing gamingforum/username.png and gamingforum/password.png (my designer missed the s out) and I disabled cache and had him change it everywhere, reenabling caching and we're back to some of the old changes, so some stuff is messed up :(

Hopefully 7 days time everything will flush.

9. Doxicity

Doxicity Lieutenant

60%
    It sounds like a cool idea, I'm all for it.

10. -RainbowDash

-RainbowDash Lieutenant

10%
    Sounds interesting. There was this one forum I was part of, where they set up a huge puzzle around the site. Took ages to complete, and only a few got it.

11. LMCampbell

LMCampbell Lieutenant

10%
    Sounds awesome to me, would be too cool to have something a bit different.