Tomorrow I change my life!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Boomer, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Boomer

Boomer Lieutenant Active Member

10%
    So the thread https://www.gamingforums.net/threads/has-gaming-ever-made-you-feel-depressed.4989/ got me doing a lot of inner thinking. My wife and I had another explosion. Not just about my gaming, but my all around disposition. I'm way out of shape. I used to be very fit. I'm reclusive. I'm not as confident as I used to be, etc.

So tomorrow I'm starting Krav Maga. This should get me in shape, vent my frustrations and learn a cool skill. Anyone else here interested in martial arts, or already practicing? Any advice for a newbie?

Here is the link to the place I'm going to be training: http://www.kravmagahouston.com/

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Good luck! I just started running a few miles a day, trying to get into shape. Hard to stick with it, but its worth it in the end.

3. Boomer

Boomer Lieutenant Active Member

10%
    Thanks man. Good luck to you too! I've tried going the cardio route again, but I can't seem to stick with it. I'm just bored with it. I'm pretty stoked about this class. Not just for the fitness either. It's going to be nice knowing this stuff too. Straight Liam Nieson someone's butt!!!

4. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Whoa there killer lol.

5. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Best of luck haha. Hope it works out for you. Sounds great. Personally, the last few weeks broke my gym cycle that I've had for a while. Haven't went for a week at all. :/

Still in good shape though, just a bit behind.

6. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    Sorry I haven't been very active lately, been on vay cay. Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised that my (seemingly melodramatic at the time) thread about depression actually managed to stir the heart of a fellow forum member. I'm so happy for you, and it's good to know that I can get real on here, and maybe even help someone in the long run.

• Like Like x 1