Twitch Emotes (Problem)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sam, May 13, 2015.

1. Sam

Sam Lieutenant

70%
    For some reason I've had this problem where I cannot see all the Twitch emotes work, I see the text instead of the image. It only happens to several emotes.

For example; [​IMG]

I've downloaded the BetterTTV addon, but it made no difference.

Any ideas? I've tried Firefox and Chrome.

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Is this actually here on the site? Or on Twitch itself? I've never seen this issue before, on either place.

I'm assuming this is desktop/laptop browsers as well?

3. Darth_Marques

Click here if it doesn't load or its a wall of text (was just text for me at time of this post), then they probably aren't working ATM.

Its a bug they have yet to fix, so it may happen again. You could try logging out of Chrome, then logging back in. Some people report that fixed it.

4. Sam

Sam Lieutenant

70%
    This problem was for just general desktop browser.
    I managed to fix it but I don't know how, I messed about with a bunch of shit.

5. Darth_Marques

Interesting. Some people say its that add-on causing problems, but I've read a lot that said otherwise. Until Twitch acknowledges it, it'll be a continuing problem lol.

6. Sam

Sam Lieutenant

70%
    The fact I'm using Firefox too, I've always had problems yet I still continue to use it.

7. Darth_Marques

Yes, Firefox has many issues still. Its not the resource hog that Chrome has become, but it has its own problems.