Update Log - Last Updated 24/05/15

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Reaper, May 24, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This update log contains information on any minor updates made after 24/05/15 (when this thread was established). Any major updates will still have their own thread, as usual. Feedback on any of these changes can be given to us in the Suggestions, Feedback and Support forum.

24/05/15
    • Fixed users not getting trophies for adding their gaming profile usernames to their profile. Trophy points are now awarded for that. Any users that previously attached their gaming profile usernames to their profile will have received these points.
    • Trophy My Fingers Can't Stop has had requirement changed from 150 posts to 250 posts (as it should have been, typo).
    • Forum layout changed. Perhaps not a minor update, but it doesn't deserve a thread. It went from rows to more of a grid layout.
    • Rewrote the rules, making them more simple and compact. https://www.gamingforums.net/threads/gaming-forums-rules-and-conduct.3952/
    • Shadows removed for moderators and administrators. Premium member shadow changed to a dark purple. Colours may change, but this is to make text more readable.
    30/05/15
    • Username shadows on Administrators, Moderators (and other staff) and Premium members have been removed. Not sure if temporarily or permanently, but at least while we get the new light style up and running.
    • News posts no longer show up in New Posts.
    • Forums back to grid layout.
    10/06/15
    • Bug fixes on the responsive version of the light version

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

If I might make a suggestion, the New Posts filter includes all feed posts as well. This addon allows users to change what they see in that area, effectively ignoring whatever posts they don't want to see.

As it is, that is mainly dominated by the RSS feed posts. Doesn't really show that the board is active so much as that it pulls a lot of news from elsewhere.

This doesn't remove the trophy if its already been awarded apparently. Not that it matters, I'll be there soon enough anyway.

Forgot I was missing these, got em now.

3. Reaper

Totally agreed. I got a suggestion on XF Community about it a while ago as well. Sorry I couldn't reply to this sooner, I read it yesterday but I had like 100 windows open and completely forgot to come back to this. What I want to do is disable the News forum in feeds by default. I'm going to look into it today.

Yeah, I left it anyway. It'd remove it if I did a rebuild I think. Not that I really mind, you're only 70 or so off. Seems like I just hit 250 as well. Coincidence? Perhaps not...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darth_Marques

I thought there was a default option to not include these into news feeds, but I can't remember. And that add-on isn't maintained, so there may be a better option lol. I didn't look very hard but Waindigo makes nice things that play well with others. It was worth the look anyway.

5. Reaper

Thing about his add-on is that users choose what to exclude, I want to exclude it by default. There's probably an easy solution, I haven't looked yet. Haven't had time off in the last week, other than like an hour last night and got interrupted a lot there too. Gonna have my happy hour now [emoji1]

6. Darth_Marques

Yeah, that was the other thing. Most won't take the time to even find it, much less actually use it. There's something out there, I'll give it a search and see what I can find.

7. Darth_Marques

Actually, isn't there something to prevent RSS feeds from showing up as unread posts? Maybe I'm imagining this, but I thought in 1.1.3 there was a feature that all feeds wouldn't trigger a new/unread post indicator. Maybe I'm hallucinating or remembering a dream.

8. Reaper

Don't think so, but I can't check until tomorrow. Stupid home internet died so I'm on 4G. Can't ring them up because it's 2AM and they're useless anyway more than half of the time. We have IP whitelist on the admin panel as well, so yeah...

9. Darth_Marques

Nope, not one. Installed on my XAMPP install and didn't have it. Must've been an add-on.

10. Reaper

I'll try and find it today if I can. Can't be too hard to code it if it doesn't exist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reaper

12. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    All point to the www version of the site

• Like Like x 1
  13. Darth_Marques

• Like Like x 1