US DoD Shipped Live Anthrax

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darth_Marques, May 28, 2015.

1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Some bonehead in the DoD shipped live anthrax to various labs in the States.

It was supposed to be a dead strain for testing purposes, but there was a mixup somewhere.

Read here:http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...takenly-shipped-live-anthrax-samples-31345381

You'd think it was a one-off but they also shipped a deadly bird flu a while back too. All shipments out of the DoD are suspended until further investigation into the matter.

Lol, this is stuff that happens quite regularly for some reason. Not a laughing matter, we don't need an outbreak of anthrax right now. Not with all the recent rioting that took place.

2. Darth_Marques

Four people were treated for possible exposure, though it seems to be precautionary more than actual treatment.

"At this time we do not suspect any risk to the general public," CDC spokeswoman Kathy Harben said.

3. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

How on earth do you do that... Idiots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Darth_Marques

I mean, you train and learn for years to do this job. Oh, and then you need additional training to be considered for an interview. And so on. Its not like you just walk up, get the job with no experience, and then you're in.

It baffles me. And I live in the country lol.

5. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Even then, I don't even think someone with no qualifications can manage to do that. You must be pretty dumb to ship live anthrax, unless they're psychopaths, in which case they're doing a pretty good job.