Watch Ideas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reaper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Looking to buy a watch. Not really always to wear but to go with a suit or a formal look mostly. Under £200 would be good. Golden or silver, metal probably unless an alternative is very nice. Nothing too old fashioned though. Not a smart watch either, just a plain 'ol watch.

http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/1409026/citizen+men's+chronograph+gold-plated+bracelet+watch/?cmCat=OVM
    Was taking a quick look and found that. It looks alright I guess. The watch doesn't need to be a chronograph. Just the style is nice.

Any ideas?

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Price range? Try a Fossil watch, good selection and all are dressy but casual.

Only other kind of watch I've worn besides the stuff sold at Target, etc. Great watches.

3. Reaper

I'll look into some. Might not go with gold, because real gold is way too expensive and a fake golden colour doesn't seem right. A friend sent me this: http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/1414577/casio+edifice+men's+stainless+steel+bracelet+watch/

Not sure. I'll check out Fossil but it's US I think. Delivery would be 3 weeks or something if it's not UK at all.

4. Reaper

5. Darth_Marques

6. Know Your Role

Know Your Role Lieutenant

70%
    Why not buy a watch with a built in calculator?

You will be able to calculate how cool you look with it on.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    :cool:

8. Reaper

Really not sure which one to buy. I was cleaning out my wardrobe and have to get rid of 2 suits because I outgrew them, they weren't my favourite colours anyway, I have a shirt that's XXL (not even sure, not my size loool, it's huge, got it free with the blazer, who says no to free right?) that I'm also getting rid of. Best part, I love suits, but I never wear them, not really many opportunities to wear them.

9. project

project Administrator Staff Member Administrator

It depends what kind of watch you are looking for. Classic, sports, designer, etc.

10. Darth_Marques

See, the thing with suits is that you need an office job to wear them. I own a suit but don't wear it. Not even to church, unless its Christmas/Easter and I'll look out of place otherwise. So I'll only ever own one suit.

I figured he meant something universal and good for (almost) any occasion. Classic almost fits the bill, but pocket watches? That's style right there. 10/10 would recommend.

11. Know Your Role

Know Your Role Lieutenant

70%
    If you are going to own a pocket watch then you must also wear a monocle. :)

12. Darth_Marques

My vision is too good, but I'd sport a fake one. Too bad I don't look the part lol.

13. Reaper

Classic I guess

For the record, I don't wear a watch to see the time. I'd use my phone to see the time out of habit. The watch is just go look good lol. Eventually once I get used to it I'd use it to find out the time.

14. Darth_Marques

I had to keep reminding myself I had a watch to tell time when I got the Pebble lol. Otherwise, I'd end up whipping out my phone like I was important.