Weekly Roundup in Gaming: How to Submit

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darth_Marques, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

This thread pertains to submitting a video or clip of your gameplay to GamingForums. Interested? Check below for more information!

Each week, I'll be doing a Weekly Roundup of all the best and greatest videos our community has submitted. I'll try to feature as many as I can.

How to make a submission?

Regardless of console or PC, you'll need to have the saved clip uploaded. For Xbox One users, you can find your saved clips on XboxDVR(.com) or XboxClips(.com) and get a link. I'm not certain for PS4 users. (I'll replace this once I find out how to upload/view/share on PS4.) And of course on PC, you'll need recording software, and then to upload it to YouTube or Imgur.

These days, I expect that most of you already have a YouTube account set up so you can directly upload the videos to there if you choose. If you don't want to use that format, you'll need to send me the video, where I'll edit it and upload it (with any other non-YouTube clips included in the same video) and credit you in the video description. For those that send me the clip directly without uploading it, you'll need to send me a private message containing a link to the original. (I'd prefer that all video be uploaded to YouTube/Imgur for accessibility and to where I can link directly to the clip within the description. I want to give each of you the credit you deserve for the clips!)

You can send me a message containing the link either on Twitter (@Darth_Marques) or by messaging me here on the site. Messages can be private or just a profile post, but I'll send you a message to confirm that your video has been used.

Do the clips need to be mine?
    I'd prefer that they were, but great clips can come from any source. Just be sure that a link to the creditor is provided, otherwise the video may not be used. I'm not doing this to steal views from anyone, so provide the original link or creator. (I'll always give credit!)

When will the next week's featured clips go out?
    Each week I'll have something for you, but I'm one person doing all this. I have a full time job too, so I'm limited to nights and weekends for editing/uploading/posting to threads. Typically, I expect to have each week's video posted by Sunday afternoon (US Central time).

What's the max time for a clip?
    Obviously, I can't include every 5 minute clip for everyone. It'd make the video particularly long, among other issues. However, I ask that your video be no longer than 45 seconds. If you do submit a clip that's over 45 seconds long, please (PLEASE) include a timestamp (start & stop) to designate the desired clip to show.

Can I still upload the original to YouTube/Imgur/ETC?
    Of course! It's still yours and I can't tell you what to do with your clip. However, I do ask that you have the clip uploaded prior to submitting and include the resulting link in the submission. This is for giving proper credit to the proper channels, accounts, etc, without causing too many issues. (If you upload the same clip after I've uploaded the montage, you may receive a Copyright Claim on the video. Should this happen, contact me and I'll see what I can do before taking any action.)

See the second post below about content and other info, like FAQs and other issues.

Any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me about them!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

What kind of stuff can I submit?
    It can be anything, from funny moments to amazing gameplay, you can submit it. I only ask that it adheres to our Terms and Rules.

Frequently asked questions:

(None yet.)

These posts may be updated without notice, either removing or adding guidelines/rules/issues that may come up. Check back every so often before submitting a clip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.