What Are You Playing This Month? (September 2015 Edition)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Trent, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    Time for my monthly edition of "What Are You Playing"! Well, per usual, my answer to that question is too much. Let's see here, well to begin with, I gave in to the hype and picked up Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and I'm actually really enjoying it! Very easy to just pick up and play, what with there not really being a heavy narrative to follow and all that. However, difficult, stress-inducing missions keep me from engaging in play sessions that last longer than an hour or so. But it's an enjoyable time regardless.
    Also, in other news, there's another game bandwagon that I just hopped onto; one that I had swore I would avoid. But I gave into the hype, and...I actually don't regret it! Picked up Destiny: The Legendary Edition with all current expansions included, and according to the Xbox leaderboards, I put in approximately 9 hours in my first day. I think it's safe to assume that I like it. Sure, repetitive environments/activities and an apparently vague story suck, but honestly, I went in knowing what I was getting into, so I'm able to focus on the things that are good, and that's the gameplay and progression.
    So there's those two games, and there's also The Dragon Age series, GTA V (XB1), GTA IV, Far Cry 4, The Wolf Among Us, The Witcher: Wild Hunt, and moooore.
    So now that I've spilled all my video game related beans, what are you guys playing? And what are you planning on picking up next? The next game on my radar is Halo 5.

2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I know I said I converted you, but honestly I just let the game speak for itself. You tried the trial version of Destiny first right? Assuming you liked it enough within the first ~hour or so to actually purchase it, I'm not surprised. It's pretty addictive, and the lack of story (being fixed with TTK update Tuesday) didn't phase me much. Don't get me wrong, I love a good story. However, I went in expecting to shoot stuff and level up. Well, I did that a lot and I wasn't disappointed. I didn't go in expecting a rich story, like Halo 2 had. Even then, it was a mess that wound up being great.

I'm playing mostly Dead Light, Smite, and Destiny. I expect it'll be almost 100% Destiny in a few days, but Smite is still up there. I love em both, but Destiny is getting some 16-20 gigs worth of updates so plenty to be done there.

Still looking forward to, as I'm sure everyone knows, Star Wars: Battlefront in November. Such excite. Much ready.

3. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    Pretty sure 7 of those 9 hours was spent on the trial, it was definitely enough to sell me on it.

4. Trent

Trent Lieutenant

70%
    When the trial ended and it asked me to purchase, it took me no more than 2 seconds to decide haha.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Not bad for a trial. Usually I get like 2-3 hour trials... Anyway, good info sites are:

www.Reddit.com/r/destinythegame
    www.Reddit.com/r/fireteams
    www.planetdestiny.com

Good resources for how to do things you aren't familiar with. Reddit is where I learned a lot of what I know.