[WIP] WoW Private Server

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Darth_Marques, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

Currently working on setting up a World of Warcraft private server, just something to play around with on my own. Curious to see how many would be interested in playing on the server, assuming I can get it set up and running properly. I'm no wiz with programming, so I'll be at the mercy of the devs (using a repack for the newest expansion, I'll post back with more info after I get it running).

Mostly, if I can get something running I wouldn't mind running it on the weekends. It'd be completely free of course, but also just nice to have. I've always enjoyed toying around with these things, and private servers are awesome. I played on one back before I ever bought WoW, and eventually bought it because it was fun.

If it generates some interest, I'll get a timeline out of when I hope to have it accessible by members.

2. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    Shouldn't this be moved to the server forum?
    @Reaper ?

3. Darth_Marques

No, I'm not publicly placing this just yet. I have to get it working first lol.

4. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    Okay xD

5. Darth_Marques

Attempting install now. All files downloaded, hopefully I'll have it running this week (privately).

6. Darth_Marques

Just an update: Win8 won't run the server/database I've chosen. Going to dedicate my crappy laptop as a general server, and use it at some point. Means I need to download the WoW client again to test.

Will likely use a Cataclysm (or Mists, whichever is more stable) database and server, so expect 1-2 months before I can get this server going...

• Like Like x 1