Your first games console.

Discussion in 'Platforms and Consoles' started by Know Your Role, May 26, 2015.

1. Know Your Role

Know Your Role Lieutenant

70%
    How's it going,

I was just remembering some of the real gaming classics since looking through some really old games I found,

How many of you here have owned some really old consoles? What was your first console?

My very first console was this epic thing :

[​IMG]

Reeks so much awesomeness!

I have no idea where it is now but I wish I still had it, I literally would play this over any console right now LOL

:D Mortal Kombat, Sonic and Crash Bandicoot :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. Darth_Marques

Darth_Marques Administrator Staff Member Administrator Premium

I didn't actually own it, my uncle did, but I played a lot of the Dreamcast. Super Nintendo, N64, GameCube, Xbox (original, 360, One), PS1 (2 & 3), Gameboy (color, advance, SP, DS), and whatever he handheld before the Vita was lol. I've owned a bunch of consoles, and handhelds.

Really, I would love to have all those back lol. The amount of time I put into Pokemon or Tomb Raider (PS1). Replaying games because they were GOOD, that worked when they were released. Sigh, the good ole days of gaming.

Also, have a like because this thread brought me a very strong nostalgia feel I didn't know I could have.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Know Your Role

Know Your Role Lieutenant

70%
    That's quite a collection of consoles you had there LOL, I never owned a gamecube though, don't know why... I remember they were real cheap at one point to buy, like £15.

Ah, Tomb Raider... I remember at the time how amazed I was at the graphics, saying that there will never be anything better looking then that game... how times change.

Yeah the PSP was great, I remember at the time how awesome it was playing GTA vice city in my hands.

4. Darth_Marques

PSP, thank you lol. Could not remember that device. I had a lot of fun with it.

The new Tomb Raider really puts in in perspective of how far graphics have progressed. Haven't finished the game, too busy with Destiny, but its been great so far.

I actually bought the GameCube because of Zelda and MarioKart. At the time, the internet wasn't a huge thing and my friends all came over to play it. Good times.

As far as my collection goes, I didn't realize how many I'd actually had lol. I miss all of them, but new graphics makes up for it somewhat. And makes me feel old lol. I'm only 24, but I've owned a BUNCH of consoles.

5. Creaky

Creaky Captain

0%
    Think the first one I had was the Atari 2600, followed by the N64, all 3 Xbox consoles and the PS1, PS2 & PS3. Also played games on the PC for a few years, a long time before todays games.

6. Nova

Nova Colonel

100%
    My first handheld was a DS and my first console was a Wii.

I'm kinda young. :D

7. Reaper

Reaper Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Haha, this was actually a thread I planned on posting. It's actually on my desktop, but in a really brief draft. I'm glad I didn't post it, you posted a much better version :) I keep a little file just to remind me of topics I want to make, just notes really.
    I had a Nintendo Entertainment System, damn that thing was god. A bit of SMB or Duck Hunt was great all around with the family. After that it was the PS1 for me, then the PS2, then the PSP (which was honestly great, I remember playing Tomb Raider on that and some racing games). After that it was the PS3 and the PS4. I think I had a Gameboy as well, not sure where I threw that thing. The PS1 was gifted to me, as was the PS2. My family bought the NES. I bought the PS3 and PS4 though. Not sure about the Gameboy. I remember going to Poundland though back to get a bottle of water (who carries water when running, right?) when the PS3 was the thing and you could get covers for the Gameboy. I was like... It's 2011 (or 2010, 2009, something like that), what on earth is a Gameboy in this year. Still not sure why Gameboy covers (rubber cases) were being sold then, when you couldn't even buy a Gameboy anywhere but eBay, I mean it was discontinued in 2003, but whatever right?

Oh, Crash Bandicoot, that was a great game. There's Knock now on the PS4 but it isn't really the same. Now it's all about the shooters. Gaming back then was fun, now it's more competitive (not complaining, just saying). Those games were honestly the most fun. With family and friends playing good 'ol Crash Bandicoot.

8. KeVo

KeVo Lieutenant

20%
    For me, it started out with the NES, then came the PlayStation and N64, then I slowly got into hand-held gaming with Game Boy by way of Pokemon Red and Blue.

9. Darth_Marques

Ah, the good ol' Gameboy Color days... And the hours I'd logged into Pokemon Yellow...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KeVo

KeVo Lieutenant

20%
    Not even gonna lie, Pokemon Yellow is #1.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Boomer

Boomer Lieutenant Active Member

10%
    My first console was my uncle's Atari. He left it at our house after he moved out and never came back for it. I was really young, but my first game was Dig Dug. I don't remember the exact model of the Atari. It was a big unit. Two controller ports and a top loader for cartridges.

12. Darth_Marques

Atari 7800.
    [​IMG]

13. Lunette Risch

Lunette Risch Lieutenant

50%
    My first console I owned was an NES, but the first I played was GameCube and it is still my favorite to this day haha. I still play N64 as well xD

14. LunarWo1f

LunarWo1f Lieutenant

80%
    My first ever console was the Gameboy Advance, the first game I played was Sonic 2 because my cousins had it and whenever I went over to their house I would play sonic 2. My first actual console was the Gamecube.

15. VengoFett

VengoFett Lieutenant

10%
    C64 (though not actually a console) was our first foray followed by the magnificent Sega Master System. I remember trying to explain to folk at school what a games console was.
    "it's a computer, but just for games. Hasn't got a keyboard, just a pad and cartridges. No, cartridge not disk.". Happy days :)

16. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Lieutenant

10%
  17. mhn3a

mhn3a Lieutenant

10%
    My first one was a PS2.Ahh the memories

18. Darth_Marques

Crash Bandicoot? Spyro the Dragon? Two main ones I recall playing a lot.

19. mhn3a

mhn3a Lieutenant

10%
    and Ultimate Spider-Man,maan those were the best.

• Agree Agree x 1